• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco salvage yard Colo Springs

colohunter

Loc.
Frederick Colo.
I have heard of a yard in colorado springs but used the search and the yellow pages and found nothing, does any one have a phone # or any info on this???thanks

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I heard about it too..

CO members should know about him...

Someone will chime in.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
His name is Don Allison. It is a private yard and not listed in the ph. book. I use to have his ph. number, but Idon't know where it is now. He is usually at the yard on Sat. That is about the only day you can catch him there. Nice guy too. I know where it is located, but I cannot remeber the street name. He is located on a side street near Harris (?) truck parts I believe.

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
His name is Don Allison. It is a private yard and not listed in the ph. book. I use to have his ph. number, but Idon't know where it is now. He is usually at the yard on Sat. That is about the only day you can catch him there. Nice guy too. I know where it is located, but I cannot remeber the street name. He is located on a side street near Harris (?) truck parts I believe.

Post the coordinates from google earth....
I wanna look.. I've heard he had like about over a hundred EBs.

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Lat 38°48'58.89"N
Lon 104°49'0.28"W

I am pretty sure this is his yard. I have been there several times just not in the last few years.
Dennis

KuttySark

Loc.
Southern California
Holy Sh*t. This guy is my new hero. You know those group shots that get taken at every mass Bronco gathering? 100's of rigs all lined up in rows? Take a look at that sat photo. It's as if one man owned EVERY ONE OF THEM. That is fantastic.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Looks like 60-70 EB's when the photo was taken. I'm going to have to pay a visit.

Attachments

• CO graveyard.JPG
    CO graveyard.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 180

dnewman9

Bronco Guru
Again its been probably 5-7 years since I was down at his place but there is row after row ranging from the most perfect stock tub you have ever seen to something that looks like it was hit rolled and dragged under a train for 50-60 miles. He had stacks of doors, and piles of axles and just about anything used (again in various conditions) you may ever want.
If you wanted something you had to be prepared to do the pull a part thing.

Here is the most important tip,
I think the trick was you head out there with a 12 pack of Michelob bottles and that made negotiations a little easier.;D He is a real nice guy so it was fun to drink a beer or two with him anyway.

Dennis

BTW, this is his collection, not a Bronco junk yard so some stuff, he felt he didn't need or want went away easily but you had to know him pretty well to get other things. That perfect tub as an example was going to be his truck in the future.

I know a couple others on this board know him well and can comment more, but for the average guy walking up that's what to expect.

Carl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Aurora, IL
Wow! I'll have to swing by there next time I'm out there.

By the way Cracker you wouldn't happen to live off of Morris near Hwy 50 would you? I saw the back end of an EB that was the same color as yours lifted and everything parked in a garage last time I was there. I was visiting my aunt down the street. I wanted to go up to the door and ask if the owner was a member here, but I didn't want to bother them.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
I don't get these types of "collections." I've heard of two or three like this around the country over the years. None of them are advertised as far as I can tell, and no one has the time or money to restore that many Broncos. So what's going to happen? Half (or more) are going to rot away over the years with nothing ever done to them. I understand the collector mentality and all, but why would you buy that many vehicles and then let them just sit there ?:?

JAMMER

Loc.
Colorado Springs, CO
I know him. Good good guy. he is private and likes to deal with people he knows or someone who knows someone else. He likes trading and has a INCREDIBLE Bronco he is building. In a jam a few years back he sold me his disk brake set up (for his personel Bronco) for a very reasonable price. Could introduce someone but his yard is not OPEN for biz.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Ringwood, NJ
That looks like an older sat image, Im pretty sure he has more than that. Most of my Bronco came from his yard. Hes fair on price and knows more about Broncos than anyone else I've talked to. Some of the Broncos in there actually run, if you look at the sat image, about mid picture, you will see a long trailer with a silver top (coca cola delivery trailer) and at the left edge of the trailer hes got a (73 I think) red half cab that he selling. Real nice guy and if you are ever in town, you gotta stop by and take a look. Hes there on Saturday mornings till about noon and sometimes on Sundays. Call ahead, I have his number somewhere I'll post it later.

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
Wow! I'll have to swing by there next time I'm out there.

By the way Cracker you wouldn't happen to live off of Morris near Hwy 50 would you? I saw the back end of an EB that was the same color as yours lifted and everything parked in a garage last time I was there. I was visiting my aunt down the street. I wanted to go up to the door and ask if the owner was a member here, but I didn't want to bother them.

Nope, I live on the other side of town, off of Santa Fe, in Blende. Haven't had the EB out in awhile anyway....