• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I shall not return to CB.com till the fenders are BOLTED in place! Off to the shop I go....

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
LOL I found dad's collectibles!!

Oh Yea I am back on CB so you can guess what that means!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Ok so yesterday got the fenders bolted on, welded repairs on the grill, prepped and primed grill. Today will be busy, going to get the underside of the hood prepped primed and ready for paint.
Not going to forget the camera today.

EagertoLearn

Loc.
Harrisville
You know we love pictures, I have been rebuilding one of my rental properties that burnt down so my bronco days are over for a few more weeks.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
OK Pics as promised.

The steering brace I Fabricated.

DSCF0046Medium.jpg

and Chipper with front fenders,

DSCF0044Medium.jpg

DSCF0050Medium.jpg

DSCF0049Medium.jpg

DSCF0056Medium.jpg

Got the grill into primer yesterday, Sprayed the silver for the center of the grill today,
Grill before
0day11007.jpg

and after
DSCF0051Medium.jpg

DSCF0060Medium.jpg

work continues on stripping the underside of the hood, Exploded batteries that PO's do not clean up after cause big headached. Freakin a$$hole!!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Thanks Roger, Cant wait to get it done, First trip after I get it home will be over to see you!!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Headed to the shop, no weekend for me. Hood will have paint on the underside today!! hope to have hood and grill bolted on tomorrow afternoon!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Backside of the grill completed and ready to go on tomorrow.
First look at the colors I am using together.
DSCF0023Medium.jpg

DSCF0029Medium.jpg

DSCF0024Medium.jpg

And the hood, when the PO had the battery explode the acid pitted the underside, but very usable for sure. what a PIA to get the underside stripped and ready for primer.

DSCF0032Medium.jpg

Then Paint

DSCF0034Medium.jpg

Sprayed the black and will be spraying the blue tomorrow, like this,

DSCF0022.jpg

and decided to pull the dash and re-spray it, the primer was a dark one and the paint was noticeably a different shade. but not any more.

DSCF0031Medium.jpg

Going to tape off and spray the hood in the morning, then bolt on the grill, and the hood in the afternoon.......

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
The Bronco Guru!! Uncle James. Yea we are Proud of this one! I think he is smiling knowing it won't be long and he will not have to look at my Bronco every day!
Was taken about 1-2 weeks ago!
james2.jpg