• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
The hood is bolted on. Still a little tweeking to do for fitment but it's on! Started getting the body prepped for paint, still a little filler work to do, but not much! she is moving faster now!
DSCF0023Medium.jpg

DSCF0024Medium.jpg

Yea don't be fooled, I am tired!!

DSCF0027Medium.jpg

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
It is looking awesome

Just one question, why didn't you paint the front of the grill while it was off???

The front center was painted silver, the rest will be painted with the rest of the truck, that is an easy tape off to do.

DSCF0059Medium.jpg

bax

Contributor
Old Member
It is looking nice. You have come a long way. You brought that truck back from nothing and now it's looking like something very nice.
get back to work.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Got all the hood latches in this morning and added the last 2 filler pieces that have been overlooked.

Spent the rest of the day giving her a nice rub down, I rubbed every inch of her, she liked it too, Now I just have to get some of the hardening lotion to put on her in a few places, Spray her with some nice foundation then give her a final rub down then she will be ready for her final make up. No pics of the Bronco today, you know ladies do not like their picture taken when her makeup is not on.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
You sure know how to wooo the ladies, rubbing them down from head to toe like that. You treat her nice and she'll treat you nice.

But I thought the hardening lotion was for us guys;)

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Ok been trying to think of a way to best describe today's work, and I think I have it....

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/__qOY9hcm64&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/__qOY9hcm64&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Well 2 1/2 days of block sanding body filler and it is ready for final primer, as soon as I get the door inserts installed. Got the pass. side in and started the drivers side. Going to spray primer tomorrow............

IMG00288-20100422-1637.jpg

Yea they are yANK green!!!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Started the day with this
DSCF0039Medium.jpg

And ended with this

DSCF0043Medium.jpg

A few of the places that repairs were made

DSCF0052Medium.jpg

DSCF0054Medium.jpg

DSCF0055Medium.jpg

Got the BroncoDesign flares primed also

DSCF0056Medium.jpg

The day went like this, Completed the door insert install, Shot the primer, shot the blue on the front fenders so the flares can be put on Monday, taped off the body panel joints and seam sealed, and repaired the gas tank on a lawn mower. Next week the paint will be done, and the finish wiring started. Will have a windshield frame shipped on Wednesday and it will be painted and installed after I receive it.

This week has shown me just how much I miss doing paint and body work.... One of my prior jobs was as an Aircraft Painter,,,

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Paint week has arrived!!
Got the flares on today, and got them and the fenders sanded and ready for color in the morning, Wednesday will be sanding the rest of the truck, and spraying the blue on Thursday!!

Here is today's work.

DSCF0014Medium.jpg

DSCF0015Medium.jpg

DSCF0016Medium.jpg

We are A little proud of the front fenders, What we started with to what we have now is amazing.

DSCF0011Medium.jpg

DSCF0013Medium.jpg

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Thanks Roger,

And I do want to give www.broncodesign.com a big thumbs up on the flares, The fit was better than I had ever had when installing them. they were just stiff enough to pull the fender to them instead of the fender pulling the flare. Great fit, great look.

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
So close now you can taste it huh, or is that just all the primer dust in your nose and mouth?? It really does look amazing Bryan!! I can't wait to see it in color!! You know if you painted those rims blue where the black is they would look really sweet there too. All polished up and shiny.