• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Well I have some silver left from the Bronco soo!!!! The seats are a tight fit, but I am moving them further back than the stock rear seat would be so there will be plenty of legroom. Trying to leave enough room behind them for a small cooler, and maybe a tackle box or 2.

That's about all the room you will have.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Yea it is going to be tight, BUT, do not plan on taking 4 people on long trips so I will have the seats to put my stuff in. And I will be getting a small trailer to tow behind it for outings and such. Now to go find a drill and grinder to borrow, after the build, mine have finally bit the dust! but they earned their keep for sure!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
stupid question, how do top of lower quarters fasten on. awesome bronco

Only stupid question on a Bronco is, "what year is that J@@P?"

The quarters can be fastened many ways, spot weld, panel adhesive, but I used rivets as I did on all the panels.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Just had a visit from the Big Brown Truck, Cage kit is here. Anyone have a spool of wire they are just itching to burn up?
I plan to get the cage welded up, then next Friday I will head to Orlando to pick up some extra tubing and add a few things to it.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
I have some old coat hangers and a car battery....

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
I have some old coat hangers and a car battery....

I know what the coat hangers are for and how to use them but what do we need a car battery for?? Do you hook the jumper cables up to your nipples so you have the energy for all the wrapping of the coat hangers?????:?

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
OK I gathered up about 100 coat hangers, and the Battery in the Bronco is good to go, Now what?

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you have the sunglasses on already......hook hanger to positive side of jumper cable while the other two ends are on the battery.....with me so far Bry? :eek:

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
you're standing in water so the sparks don't get away from ya right?

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Salt water! My feet need a good soaking so I am killin 2 birds with 1 stone!
And the tubes are kinda dirty, gonna get a rag with gas on it to wipe em down first!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
way, way ahead of me....know that picture of you in the horror flick that you posted? get used to it....oh, and make sure do this in the garage attached to the house, VERY important!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Yea it is in the garage, got the doors all closed, don't want to disturb the neighbors!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
make sure the phone is unplugged, don't want to be disturbed when you start commencing to get a bead goin, ya know? have any gun powder? good to fill the roll bars to give'em that "solid feel".

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I packed the tubes with some clay like stuff I found at a military surplus. Bax is gonna be sad he missed out on this one.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
oh, thought he was there helping.....disregard a bunch of stuff then