• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Well come on down for Holopalooza! i am sure we would enjoy the Bax and Tasker happy hour.

Back seats are bolted down. Next up, seatbelts.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Have any pics with the seats bolted in?

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Look out now, she has power to all 4 wheels!!
Got a front shaft in today, might give her a test tomorrow.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
Just went through this thread. F***ing epic!! What a sweet build. You are a talented dude!!!

I could not agree more with your last post on Bronco Driving. Say 15mpg one more time, i may have to kill you ;D

I cant wait to see this thing someday man.....

I was warned about having so many spare parts come off my bronco. Reading this makes me want to build one. This sickness does not stop progressing does it......

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Tell me about it, I have a frame sitting in wait for me to win the lotto. I have some plans for my next one, Chipper will be put to the trails, and I want to build a DD/Tow rig, Give it a little stretch, full width, Either a 300 six (Yea it is that awesome!) or have Bax talk me into a 400. and a ZF or NV.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
4000 mile report.
Looking like I am doing about 1000 a month, So far no issues. getting ready to put some Swampers on (Thanks Franko) But on with the report.

Good stuff
1. Still pushing 15 MPG
2. Steering much better, oops needed a little wheel bearing adjustment.
3. Still love to drive it everywhere.
4. Loving the thumbs up's I get from the classic cars I pass on the turnpike. Yea I pass them!
5. Still turning heads.
6. Has not used or leaked any oil from the Crankcase, diffs, tranny, t-case or P/S.
7. Could not be any Happier with the 300, well unti; I can afford the EFI conversion or 4bbl and headers.
8. She runs @80 very smooth.
9. With 4 people she is very stable.
10. Had her on a few trails, that included mud, sugar sand and a few hill's, Idled right thru!

So this will be my last post in this thread, I feel with 4000 miles the shakedown is complete. Still looking for a good tailgate, soft doors, and the $$ for a Mojave Heater. But as a whole, I am very pleased with what has become MY BRONCO! Again thanks to my Uncle James for all your work on this, I appreciate it and you each and every time I get behind the wheel. And to the Bronco Brotherhood, From Florida to Michigan to California, some of you had a hand in this build, you know who you are, Thank you! you are the reason it is THE BROTHERHOOD!

Devin

Bronco Kineticist
Simply amazing build. I am always in awe of those of you that can do such an incredible amount of work in such a relatively short period of time. My build just keeps dragging and dragging. Every time I think I see light at the end of the tunnel, something comes up.

Very nice work. You have a lot of talent.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Over 5000 miles and all is well, got some good news, one of my uncles is buying a 93 F-150 for the trans, He is giving me dibs on the motor and anything else I want.

Chipper is gonna get injected! best part FREE,

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl
Either or. I've got a longbed 90 F250 that I want to shorten up and put 1 tons under. But if I dont shorten it up, it still needs a new bed.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Will let you know as soon as I do. Stop working on anything except the Bronco or it will never get finished.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Chipper has a birthday coming up soon, Wonder what I will get her! Might throw a party and see what gifts are brought!;D

Hard to believe it has been home and driving it for 2 years. she has been all over Florida, into SOWEGA, 5 trail rides, and still running strong. Looking to make some changes, Steering links, new rear driveshaft, new tires, EFI, new exhaust and a few other trail mods to help her out for the next SOWEGA run. Got a guy hounding me to swap him my 9" and 44 for some tons, tempting for sure, but I have to keep in mind I drive this every chance I get.