• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bronco SS 4 years and counting!

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Was hoping mother nature would make a fool out of the weather man. No painting today....
02272010Radar.jpg

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I know I could do it, but getting the temp up and stable in the shop is an issue, temps are going to stay in the mid 40's here today, Got to much work in so far to spray the jambs and lips to have something happen and have to re-spray, I may shoot it tomorrow afternoon, that way I can stay on track to set the quarters on Monday, and if that goes well I could set the tub on the chassis Monday afternoon, but realistically that will happen Tuesday.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Mother nature kicked the weatherman's A$$, got to almost 70 today and I painted the door jambs, fender lips and the Quarter panels, went ahead and sprayed the quarters to cut in for the flares.
This was the first time I have had a spray gun in my hand in over 10 years, That along with using paint I had never sprayed it turned out OK, not perfect, but the areas that I was spraying will be covered by the door inserts, and flares. the rest of the quarters will be blocked and sprayed with the rest of the Bronco.
Long time coming to get to this point.

Attachments

• 02272010 (3).JPG
    02272010 (3).JPG
    61.1 KB · Views: 121
  • 02272010 (8).JPG
    02272010 (8).JPG
    64 KB · Views: 122
  • 02272010 (4).JPG
    02272010 (4).JPG
    62.9 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Oh I like that blue. It looks good. What happened? you run out of paint?;D

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Nope, just getting the jambs ready for the inserts, and the upper quarters ready for the quarters. I still have enough to complete the job.

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
WOW LOOKS GOOD ... cant wait to see it in person in NOV, !!! ;)

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Nov.? Well we are talking about putting together a run in the Osceola National Forest over the summer, guess I need to start a thread to gauge interest.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
After stopping by the shop today I can say that the pictures do not do the color justice. Tomorrow the quarters go on, then Tuesday tub goes on my frame, at least that is the plan.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Looks great
do you have enough extra paint to do the frame blue

The frame you see is just a spare we have to get the tub done, I already have the chassis sitting waiting on the tub.

Attachments

• 8 06032007 (1).jpg
    8 06032007 (1).jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 98
OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Headed to install the quarter panels, a bonus would be the install goes easy, and the tub goes on my chassis today.
Reality, quarters today, set on chassis tomorrow

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Headed to install the quarter panels, a bonus would be the install goes easy, and the tub goes on my chassis today.
Reality, quarters today, set on chassis tomorrow

get off the computer and out to the shop.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Put on a jacket, and some long pants. Dam it man it's going to hit 70 today and rain tomorrow. Today is your paint day. Or did you paint all you need at this point.

OP
OP
Revelation

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Got everything done that needed done, just the areas that are gonna get covered, the door jambs for the inserts, and the overlapping areas for the quarter install. All I am doing today is installing the quarters, still have some fitting to do. If they are on by 2-3 I am going to go ahead and pull the tub off the rotisserie and set it on my chassis. Got a line on a set of 34 swampers, going to check them out Wednesday.