• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build cost

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
WOW ! I must be at the top of spending...... PARTS BILL hit nearly 80k on the BroncoNator....I indeed did the engineering, most of the fabrication, and all of the labor to assemble...... Paint was sublet to the tune of 9k. Free was many components ..... Only original parts from the 1968 EB starting point were the frame, tub, some sheetmetal and the Dana 44 housing, front hubs and the core Dana 20.... Vote me.

PLEASE, share some of those parts adding up to 80k-I always like to see what others are doing on the other end of the parts $$ spectrum :)

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Holy crap, I've got some catchin up to do. I haven't totalled up my receipts lately, but I know I'm into it for less than $6000, that's including what I paid for it originally. but I do all my own work, and it's relatively stock. and Uuuugly! but that's okay...
some people look at it like a turd on a sidewalk. but I still occasionally get asked if it's for sale. and all of the passengers I've had were impressed with the way it runs and handles.

ochretoe

Loc.
Millington
I guess I'm a cheap a$$. I paid $4,600 for the Bronco three years ago and a rebuilt engine this fall for about $1,000. A few small things like altinator and 2v carb. All and all in the last three years I have about $6,000 in mine. Guess I should print this thread and make my wife read it. With a new house purchased this fall the little I put into my baby is gone for a while. Maybe I'll read up on body work and start learning as I go. I have a nice barn I can work in now.

jtd123

Loc.
merritt island
you guys are making me feel better.ill finish up in the 30's dont know if thats 31 or 39 but definately not forty!!!!unless its not done then maybe just a few more thousand!

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I'm gonna be pushing $30K on my 74' ground up resto, but I may have enough
JBG Stickies to do one wall in my bathroom!!!;D ;D

The body work eat me up, it got way over my head, about $11K and I had a deal @ $35-40 an hour. It was also very slow, cause if an insurance job came in I got pushed aside. It's tough to get anybody to mess with rust.;D ;D

ShortBus

I am trying to keep a strict budget of 10K. This does not include the 4.5K for the truck-10 years ago. It will not be the prettiest or the most capable, but it should be reliable and fun. I have been working on it for 3 months now and I am already up to 5K (of the 10K). I am going to start hitting the junk yards to save some cash on the brakes and steering because those could easily push me over the mark. I will be done with the powertrain in the next 2 weeks. I am not a mechanic, but I bought a book and read clips from this site, and feel like I can do almost anything! It is seriously rewarding to do this work yourself. As a bonus, if it breaks on the trail, you will probably have the right tool and part with you to fix it! Priceless

jcwalsh1

Loc.
Shawnee, KS
Are you kidding. The last thing I want is evidence for the wife to find.

I am at the point now that I pay with a money order, have it shipped to work and destroy the receipt.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
i dont know! i shred my receipts. YES!!! IM MARRIED! HA! HA!
i have a feeling im not alone here on this one. i smell blackmail in the air on this thread!!!

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
I have not added up lately, but my wish list says I will be close to $40k when I finish. Not figuring in inflation, that is.

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
I am now to the point of having to ship parts to a friends home and under cover of darkness move them into the garage. Burn the boxes and shake rust or dirt on the part to give an "old" apperance.

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
I am now to the point of having to ship parts to a friends home and under cover of darkness move them into the garage. Burn the boxes and shake rust or dirt on the part to give an "old" apperance.

Thats funny!!!

I'm around 30k now and a alot more to buy.

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms

That is covert and so funny. The undercover bronco.

OsideDave

I have had mine since 1991 and have not added up all the receipts (there are many) plus I have all the receipts of the prior owner. It would be interesting to see how much is in this rig. Heck these rig must be keeping the economy going with all the money we put into em. ;D

sprinksbeme

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Kingman, AZ
I think this thread should be archived quick or many will not get the chance to finish thier bronco. I can add in my head 20,000 including a 6000 purchase price. Just making it wheel. I was starting to think about some cosmetics when I rolled it. I Have a folder full of receipts that I don't look at and would never add up. I think I think if paying to have every thing done I would have easily hit 40,000.
Now the 74 is basically a trail rig now and looking for a body replacement and I've been trading with the locals to get a good start on the 73 crawler which could easily top 20K. Never figured to get addicted to a truck.

zombie66

Loc.
Beaverton, oregon
that earlier comment hit close to home as i have received a box or two on my porch for a friend. i'd do it again too! ha! ha! dont worry TITO i wont tell jocelyn about the $10,000 crate engine you had delivered here to the house.