• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Build Thread 72 Bronco stopped 20 years ago

kdaug5

Contributor
Would like to start a thread so I could get some suggestions, ideas and give me a push to get this done while documenting progress.

Bought the Bronco almost 30 years ago when I got out of the Marines. Drove for about 5 years and then started to do a full resto and that was my first mistake. I fully disassembled and powder coated the frame and started to get it back together. Well I was a little over my head.
I didn’t realize how much time it would take and meanwhile I had a young family. Well as the kids started sports and school the project was on hold. At least I had the chassis assembled and basically it stayed in the garage and here I am today. Almost 20 years later and the kids are grown and I need to finish this Bronco.

IMG_1460.jpeg

The body sits outside for now.

IMG_1461.jpeg

I need to get some hedders and exhaust so I can install the body. Currently I have a stock 302 but eventually would like to go to a built 351w so looking for hedder and exhaust recommendations.

So to end for now my plan is to get it assembled, running and driving. Later I can do some upgrades like the 351w. Without paint hoping I can get this to happen for about 10k. I do have lots of parts but will need more like fenders, hood, front inner core support, weld in rear uncut quarter panels, hedders and exhaust, steering column, radiator and more.

Thanks for suggestions and push as I need to get this done or just sale,
Kenny

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Get some stock manifolds and get an exhaust, easy peasey. look for stuff locally and maybe somebody or group nearby can take a look and give sound advice....I'm on year 13 on mine....i get it!

OP
OP
kdaug5

kdaug5

Contributor
Get some stock manifolds and get an exhaust, easy peasey. look for stuff locally and maybe somebody or group nearby can take a look and give sound advice....I'm on year 13 on mine....i get it!
Appreciate the reply. Hopefully after 13 years I hope you are almost on the road

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
Where you at? Might have something that can get you kick started

ba123

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
CA
You'll get a kick out of my thread. Similar situation. Bought in 1997, drove for a year, started a ground up build and life took over.

FINALLY driving this thing around town and it was worth the wait. Hope my thread can offer some inspiration. It's not terribly long but I think some good ideas.

Get it done!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
THINK of where you started to what you could have.....at least I still dream!
ouchie.jpg

Attachments

• now.jpg
    now.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 4

scoutingranch

Marine...........want peace o' mind? Walk away. Move it along. It's just a thing. Even if ever finished, your life won't be any better.

I'm down the road from Pendleton and I lie only to Navy guys

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Your handle looks familiar. I think I remember you tried to sell it about 10 years ago...
Good to see that you're back at it..