• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Bumper decision dilema-Any suggestions?

msuforeman

I really do not have the time to build a front and rear bumper. I'm ready to buy bumpers and dammit if I can not find a pair I like. The guardians are boat anchors. The Hansons are about 500 bucks out of my price range. The protofab plate bumpers only carry upto a 37" spare (I run 38" sx's.) I have not heard all that much about Kens bumpers besides the rear needs alot more bracing for a spare.

Are there any out that I am forgetting about? Any suggestions?

Please help????????? I'm probally just SOL. :(

Brian

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
msuforeman said:
I really do not have the time to build a front and rear bumper. I'm ready to buy bumpers and dammit if I can not find a pair I like. The guardians are boat anchors. The Hansons are about 500 bucks out of my price range. The protofab plate bumpers only carry upto a 37" spare (I run 38" sx's.) I have not heard all that much about Kens bumpers besides the rear needs alot more bracing for a spare.

Are there any out that I am forgetting about? Any suggestions?

Please help????????? I'm probally just SOL. :(

Brian

Try the bumpers that American Bronco sell. They look to be pretty smart. Also, the new offering from Duffy's is the best design they've churned out yet. Do some digging for a used set of Stealth bumpers (yeah, I know, the're coveted, and freakin hard to come by, but something should come up)

Personally, I'm building my own as soon as I can.

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

Gummi Bear said:
Try the bumpers that American Bronco sell. They look to be pretty smart. Also, the new offering from Duffy's is the best design they've churned out yet. Do some digging for a used set of Stealth bumpers (yeah, I know, the're coveted, and freakin hard to come by, but something should come up)

Personally, I'm building my own as soon as I can.

I talked to Duffs last week and they told me they did not know when the bumpers would be ready. I told them I had money in hand and they said--Sorry. I've emailed Scott at American Broncos a couple of times.
Does anyone know anything about the American Bronco bumpers? I like the looks of them but I haven't heard a thing about them much less any pics (besides what they have on there website.)

Thanks,
brian

Gummi Bear

Bronco Guru
I emailed Scott a few weeks ago, he sent me some pictures, they're on my computer at the office. PM or email me in the morning to remind me, and I'll post them up for you.

I'm taking design cues from all of my favorite bumpers out there, Stealth, Kens, Protofab, Dusty and American Bronco and I'll mish-mash it into a bumper that I hope will work for me. (simple and strong is goal #1, aesthetics will come later)

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
Take a look at Cross Enterprises...heavy duty stuff...very well built with a ton of options and comes powdercoated...give Mike a call.

Attachments

• tn_136_3662.jpg
    tn_136_3662.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

LA Kevin

Loc.
Pasadena, CA
funny, small world, i'll be in the market for some new bumpers shortly and CE is walking distance from my house!

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Hey I'm in the same market right now. I like a lot but just small things that I don't like about each one. I would do kens but don't have the money for that and the american bronco one is about the same, the only disadvantage is that he works a regular job and only has nights and weekends to work on some. It would take a bit longer to get it. Here are some side pics of the american bronco bumper

Attachments

• 100_1044r.JPG
    100_1044r.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 76
  • 100_1047r.JPG
    100_1047r.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 72

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Here are some of the Cross enterprises. These look really good but they don't come with the bobbed corners. He said that he could add some on just need the measurments. He made these corners on this one that look pretty cool, I have some more of the cross if needed just let me know

Attachments

• 2bb2.jpg
    2bb2.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 114
  • bb15.jpg
    bb15.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 140

coachbarnes

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Personally, I think a bumper makes or breaks the overall look of your ride -- so in addition to being "functional", it needs to look good. If you can't afford what you want right now, then I'd just keep savin' -- Personally, I love the Hansen for the front -- pricey, but awesome. Worth the wait in my opinion. If you look at the Protofab on the rear, you'll see they won't look bad as a pair - again, my opinion. It's about a grand for the pair, so I know that's some serious coin -- but --

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
I like that bumper on the yellow one....Cross, huh? I have looked at their stuff before and not been as impressed...plus their web site always gives me fits and spits me back to the first page...took it as a sign. But I do really like the way he did those corner-wraps and the way the baskets are on the same swing-arm as the tire. Very cool. Is that yours, Broncobear? How strong is that tire carrier and does it rattle or is it pretty tight/quiet?? Thanks for any input you can provide. Something else to consider, for sure.

bmcqueen

Loc.
Corinth, MS
I can speak for the tire carrier quality (without baskets or corners) and that puppy is tight...no rattles with my 35". Those corners do look cool. :eek:

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Well that isn't mine but have been thinking about that one. It is a nice design with powder coating already done. And the highlift behind the spare tire is a nice additive

Attachments

• bb5.jpg
    bb5.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 121
  • bb11.jpg
    bb11.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 90

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Here is what I was quoted:

Rear bumper with tire, cooler and jerry can rack runs $700.00
Rear Bumper with tire carrier is $550.00

We should get a mass buy going and he could just take off work for a few weeks and make them for us! ;D ;D

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Broncobear-

Do you know what the CE bumper in your pics above cost w/corners?? I went to their website again and the pics/hotlinks dont work well for me and everytime I hit the back button it takes me all the way to their homepage...I got tire of clicking after the first 1/2 dozen attempts. Thanks for the pics and info.

broncobear22

Loc.
Denver, Colorado
Here is the link to the prices
http://www.crossenterprises.com/flash/pricesheet.htm

1966 - 1977 Bronco Accessories Trail Mate Bumper System
Rear Bumper ( 1/4" )* $205.00
Rear ( 1/4") with Receiver* $235.00
Tire Rack* $265.00
Outback Rack* $275.00

Trail Mate II
Rear ( 1/4" )* $205.00
Rear ( 1/4") with Receiver* $235.00
Tire Rack* $299.00
Small Basket* $145.00 Ea - Specify driver or passenger side (Or get both!)

So total for the two with a hitch is
TRI - $500 with just a tire rack and if you want the outback add $275
TRII - $534 with just a tire rack and if you want the outback add $175

I think he said that he would do the corners at a pretty cheap price or you can do them your self when you get it. Just give him a call, very nice guy.

OP
OP
M

msuforeman

I guess I need to get off my arse and buy something---Probally the Am. Bronco ones. I don't know though.

Decisions, Decisions

MsMyMny

Loc.
So Cal
Bumpers are always evolving.
American Bronco Co. bumpers are designed for function; they provide awesome sheet metal protection, offer great approach and departure angles along with being a great platform for winches, tires, coolers and jerry cans.

We offer complete flexibility when it comes to your order.
Bumpers can be ordered with the tire carrier on the driver’s side or passenger side.
With or without a cooler/jerry can rack
Your choice of tire size (tire size affects the size of the cooler rack)
Stock body lift
1” body lift
2” body lift

Our bumpers are not mass produced; we work closely with our customers to give them exactly what they want.

I’m still looking for the ultimate latch… Have any ideas

Scott
www.americanbronco.com

wilson

I just got Scotts winch bumper with 1" body lift. Nice looking well built