• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

bushing or dust seal?

t2jeff

Loc.
Playa Del Rey, CA
whats that little rubber thing on the end of my connecting rod that attaches to my knuckle? Is it a polyurethene bushing or just a little rubber dust seal? Its right above the nipple for grease. Where can I get some?????<br><br>out<br>J<br>

carnage351

Loc.
Albuquerque, NM
Do you mean Tie rod, conecting rod is in the motor. If it is tie rod than the rubber thingy is the greese boot. If it is bad you can pick one up at your local parts store

BlackHorse

Dust seal, grease boot, bushing? Now that we're all on the same page bushing would be a bad description but they are often called that. I would go with dust seal or grease boot. Or how about foreign particle shield (just kidding). Daystar and Energy sell cool urethane replacements for these.