• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

AL BUYER BEWARE: chevy_man512 = tnabb77 / lilbamaprincess / broncosbybama

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuenteMart

Loc.
Buckhead
Sock-Sandals.jpg

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Looks like an attempt at controlling axle wrap due to the leverage that the ridiculous sized lift blocks exert on the springs. That or it is how they repair a busted leaf spring in fuckyoursister Alabama.

Bingo.....winner winner chickin dinner;D

fablife

A customer bought one of his rigs, it was a pc of junk.. I should've taken pics. Everywhere you look was a bad patch job (it's the first time I've ever seen bondo in a frame!!! ) I got it running again, but I really didn't want to touch it, afraid something else would fall off!
you're right, most ebay buyers don't know Broncos and are just looking at the paint...JD

PuenteMart

Loc.
Buckhead
A customer bought one of his rigs, it was a pc of junk.. I should've taken pics. Everywhere you look was a bad patch job (it's the first time I've ever seen bondo in a frame!!! ) I got it running again, but I really didn't want to touch it, afraid something else would fall off!
you're right, most ebay buyers don't know Broncos and are just looking at the paint...JD

Do you remember any details? What color was it? When did he buy it? etc...

fablife

it was about a year ago, it was yellow, with a fairly decent paint job. 302, 3spd on the floor, a lot of patched areas. I do remember he wanted me to seal it up from water getting in, but when I lifted the alum panel in the engine compartment, over the dash area...there wasn't any metal left...
I understand Broncos will have rust and some people just patch things up the best they can, but it is obvious he does this work to cover things up and tries to screw people. I know he sold it, I don't know to who, where or how much. I think he took a loss on it, but he also over paid, A LOT!!

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Fablife,...Did it look like either one of these?

Attachments

• 1972-BAJA-CREATION_047.jpg
    1972-BAJA-CREATION_047.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image_726m_1_.jpg
    image_726m_1_.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 84

fablife

Halfcab, no, I'd say it wasn't either of those.
it is the one in the link from ObscureMachine listed.
I'm not saying it's not repairable, but for the price, it's an expensive start!! JD

BeardedBlues

Contributor
I came really really close to driving down to look at that Bronco on several different occasions.......:eek:

BeardedBlues

Contributor
You don't need to take it personally. I am just sick of these threads. I understand that some of you out there got duped and feel it necessary to continually bring up this db's work to try and "save" someone from the same fate. But come on, you really have nobody to blame but yourself if you buy something from somebody like this without taking a good look at it first. Sure, this guy may put some untruthful verbage in his sales pitches on ebay, but the product speaks for itself. We don't need endless freaking threads about this guy. Just be careful when you are buying something.....and.... I don't know, maybe actually go LOOK AT what you are buying in person before handing over the cash. %)

And Devin, Before you try to "nail me to the cross" for doing some as stupid as buying something labled as "a trail rig". I was looking at this before it was labled as such and had I gone to look at it I can tell you now that I would NOT have tried to finger the firewall......

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Well this thread is dissapoint today, I came looking for entertainment only to find the fire has dwindled.

gravelrunner69

Loc.
ZAP
I agree Revelation, the best part to me of this thread is it made me aware of Pseudologia-fantastica, which I'am pretty sure I've run across a few people in my life that suffered from it.

bbow

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ozark, Alabama
Some lucky bidder is going to be really.. Really... Really pissed soon.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
I's here for sone dat "Pseudologia-fantastica"

By LIL Bronco..Hi all,I'm still kinda looking for my first EB.

I made contact with seller of this bronco and assured me it was a '68?

I can see for myself that this is not a 1968,its a 1976!!

He said you people on here had him confused for some one else?

I passed on bidding because of all the issues you guys pointed out on this thread and the other one.

You guys do great work on spotting stuff that most people on ebay that have just now come to love the idea of owning a bronco would never see.

Tks,LIL B

Status
Not open for further replies.