• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BUYER BEWARE!!! I'm naming names! (page 4)

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Is the glovebox door/title deal a felony? Read lots of opinions, but don't know for sure. If not, and I do that, what if I sell it? Will there be problems? Will it affect the value?

I looked at a couple of the title agencies (broadway and international) - should it make me nervous that in their process, I am "selling" the bronco to them (so they can "sell" it back to me)? I've already been taken once, don't want to again.

daddyg

Bronco Parts Collector
Loc.
Toney,AL
If I can help let me know.. I live in Alabama and might be able to register it for you, then transfer it to you. I registered a 1973 a few months back and all I provided was a bill of sale. In Alabama cars before 1976 didn't have titles. I am not sure if the 25 year old rule applies or not.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
YOUCH!

$9,900... and it had that shopping list of stuff not working?!?!?!

I'd TRY like the dickens to get yer loot back!!! The pictures didn't come up with the link, BUT unless it is 100% perfect aside from what you listed... you can get a GREAT rig for that price!

...and I'd run a check on the VIN# and be SURE it is not listed as stolen. As long as it is not stolen... SEROUSLY think about use'n a clear title (ie: glovebox door etc) The MAIN issue with the glovebox thing is if the rig get'n registered is legal or not.

BUT, the BEST thing to do is get yer $$ back and hit the classified ad's here! For $9k you'll get 3x the rig you have now... not try'n to rub salt in the wounds.

But ya, see if it is stolen 1st!

:cool:

oh2bnok

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, KS
Slick, I like your avatar. Thats just funny. The title company thingy works. I have a friend that has done plenty of business with them on corvetttes.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Actually, I didn't pay $9,900 for it. Got it for 8K. The body was completely sandblasted and repainted. Interior blasted and lined. Checked the history, only 35,000 original miles (checked with the original owner's widow) Runs fantastic.

Changed my avatar, so you can see it.

I'll wait until I get the paperwork before I say anything about him. I think it's gonna work out. daddyg is gonna help me

Oh well, here is a big picture:
b52824229.jpg

Revelation

Bronco Guru
If the original owner is the one he bought it from, you have had contact with her and it will still be in her (or Hubby's) name, take her to lunch and swing by the DMV, have her apply for a lost title and transfer it to you, food works wonders for people

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
If the original owner is the one he bought it from, you have had contact with her and it will still be in her (or Hubby's) name, take her to lunch and swing by the DMV, have her apply for a lost title and transfer it to you, food works wonders for people

The original owner passed away. The bronco was in his name only (which could complicate things, I guess) - plus she's........old.

And, she's 8 hours away.

But, it may work. Wonder if she likes Crawfish???

Revelation

Bronco Guru
. Wonder if she likes Crawfish???

Hell with her, I'll sign for ya!!!!!!
LOL Hope you get it worked out, next time I head to Cut Off to see my Sister in Law I may have to stop in Kenner and Check out the Broncos from the Crawfish Grounds.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Hell with her, I'll sign for ya!!!!!!
LOL Hope you get it worked out, next time I head to Cut Off to see my Sister in Law I may have to stop in Kenner and Check out the Broncos from the Crawfish Grounds.

Yeah! Stop by! Crawfish season ends mid-june or so, but this is New Orleans, so there's always food!!!

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
After seeing the EB I can understand why you want to pursue the original title....

Very nice rig...

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
According to the ebay add, the seller is located in Alabama, and if AL is truely a 'bill of sale' state, what is the sellers problem giving you a bill of sale, so you can get a title? If he is a legitimate seller and not selling stolen vehicles, why wouldn't he just scratch out the reciept? I would have the police department run the VIN and determine if it is stolen. You can always contact ebay and report the seller as a fraud and get your money back through ebay. Good luck.

mkaenel

Bronco Guru
Loc.
La Costa, CA
Weather it is a moral issue or not... it doesn't matter. You paid for the EB and there for it is yours.

No one is going to judge you for that. Just get it figured out the easiest way possible and enjoy it on the road. I am not a religious person but I do know right from wrong. I am sure you do also.

Just my .02 and god speed.

Good Luck

Matt

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
"Weather it is a moral issue or not... it doesn't matter. You paid for the EB and there for it is yours." Thanks for the encouragement Matt! It's gonna work out!

needabronco - I didn't buy it through ebay. It was sold on ebay, but the buyer backed out. Then it was re-listed, but I worked out a side deal with the seller for much less than it was going for on ebay. So, I can't get my money back through ebay. Yep, learned a lesson on that one.

Hopefully in a couple of days I'll have some good news. A guy in Alabama (daddyg) is going to help me out!

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
You can always contact ebay and report the seller as a fraud and get your money back through ebay. Good luck.

:mad:

Ummm. Ya! E-but will give you ALL your money back... as long as it's ONLY $150 you spent!

They will ONLY give ya $150 AT THE MOST! E-bay seems safe, BUT in fact it is SHADY!

The guy who made it is the only 1 who get's paid wether YOU make $$ or not! Sum-time ya get a good deal and sum-time ya buy a toy for $50.00 that you can buy for $5.00 at any "we B toys". ;D LoL... just poke'n fun at those who have done this :p

...any how point is, DON't expect E-but to help if ya deal with a crook!

00gyrhed

Bronco Guru
:mad:

Ummm. Ya! E-but will give you ALL your money back... as long as it's ONLY $150 you spent!

They will ONLY give ya $150 AT THE MOST! E-bay seems safe, BUT in fact it is SHADY!

The guy who made it is the only 1 who get's paid wether YOU make $$ or not! Sum-time ya get a good deal and sum-time ya buy a toy for $50.00 that you can buy for $5.00 at any "we B toys". ;D LoL... just poke'n fun at those who have done this :p

...any how point is, DON't expect E-but to help if ya deal with a crook!

Thats 100% true.

If that guy lives in Alabama and he can't get you a title is is either a crook or lazy.