• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BUYER BEWARE!!! I'm naming names! (page 4)

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
If that guy lives in Alabama and he can't get you a title is is either a crook or lazy.[/QUOTE]

Either way, I hve no title. People are telling me to take him to court. I just want to register my Bronco!!!

77BroncoWag

Bronco Guru
:mad:

Ummm. Ya! E-but will give you ALL your money back... as long as it's ONLY $150 you spent!

They will ONLY give ya $150 AT THE MOST! E-bay seems safe, BUT in fact it is SHADY!

The guy who made it is the only 1 who get's paid wether YOU make $$ or not! Sum-time ya get a good deal and sum-time ya buy a toy for $50.00 that you can buy for $5.00 at any "we B toys". ;D LoL... just poke'n fun at those who have done this :p

...any how point is, DON't expect E-but to help if ya deal with a crook!

:cool:

Ebay gave me $410 of the $430 I spent on a fraud deal :cool:

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
I was try'n to look into get'n my $$ back on a dirt bike I bought off E-bay for $2,000 and was told $150 would be all I could recover.

This was about 1 yr ago exactly, so not sure if policy has changed but I kicked and screamed after hear'n that and found nothing to the contrary.

:(

Glad it worked out ok for you though...

:cool:

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Soon To Be Legal!!!

First Off - daddyg IS THE MAN!!!!

After hearing my dilemma, daddyg (who lives in Alabama) offered to help. Gathering all my courage, faith and trust - I "sold" him my bronco, sending him a bill of sale for it. He then took the bill of sale and registered the bronco in his name in Alabama. Once that was done and it was legal there, he "sold" the bronco back to me. Today I received a bill of sale, and paperwork showing that the bronco HAS been registered in Alabama. This is paperwork I could never get from the actual PO (more on that in a later post).

According to Louisiana OMV, this paperwork is all I need to get a title. So tomorrow morning I am going down to finally get this thing legal. Put the new MC in after lunch - then take it on the road!!!!

Thanks to everyone for encouragement! And especially to Greg who saved me from jumping off a cliff!!! (New Orleans is below sea level, so jumping off a cliff wasn't really a possibility!)

woohoo!!!

Flash69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Southwest Va
Actually, I didn't pay $9,900 for it. Got it for 8K. The body was completely sandblasted and repainted. Interior blasted and lined. Checked the history, only 35,000 original miles (checked with the original owner's widow) Runs fantastic.

Changed my avatar, so you can see it.

I'll wait until I get the paperwork before I say anything about him. I think it's gonna work out. daddyg is gonna help me

Oh well, here is a big picture:
b52824229.jpg

I used to have one the same color. it was a 69. It had the white flares too. My x wife hounded me so much about it that i got mad and sold it and a 74 parts bronco for 500 bucks. The guy painted it red.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
I used to have one the same color. it was a 69. It had the white flares too. My x wife hounded me so much about it that i got mad and sold it and a 74 parts bronco for 500 bucks. The guy painted it red.

That stinks. I bought it for the color really. Saw one when I was a kid (a maroon one) and decided then that I would own a maroon bronco one day. Apparently that day is today!

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Yes!!!

After an adventure at the Louisiana DMV (I was actually asked "what's a Bronco?") - I have license plate in hand. After work, I will put it on, and as soon as I get the brakes re-bled, it'll be on the road - LEGALLY!!!!

BYUBRONC

Loc.
Bermuda Dunes, CA
Well, having dealt with the Louisiana DMV before. We all (louisianaians) know that the average education level, which is equal to their desire to be at work level, leaves something to be desired. I've learned that you just need to listen to what they tell you they need, figure out how to get it, then give it to them. As you very well did. Hell, I've got Louisiana Plates on my bronco, and it's never seen the state. However it does help with these California smog laws. I'm only visiting, you see.

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Buyer Beware!!! broncosbybama

After finding the following post on broncofix, I thought it was time to name names.

BRONCO77 Wrote: Beware of an ebay seller that goes by broncosbybama. He does not speak the truth and will not stand behind his sales. He told me he had a 77 Bronco with a 351W and a C6 transmission that was freshly rebuilt, and turned out it was a 302 with C4 and has engine troubles. Now he will not answer any phone calls or emails after 2 months. I know alot could have been saved if I knew more about engines, but he sold something he did not have. Since he so called restores Broncos, I belived him. Buyer Beware.

This is the guy who jerked me around. I don't like bad-mouthing people, but buyers need to know about this guy.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
COOL! your good to go........I was thinking about another way to help you but never know I might not have sold it back.....going to go see about my $25 one time MS antque tag this afternoon. Ride the tires off it! AFTer You fix da brakes!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
COOL! your good to go........I was thinking about another way to help you but never know I might not have sold it back.....going to go see about my $25 one time MS antque tag this afternoon. Ride the tires off it! AFTer You fix da brakes!

I got a MS (antique) tag in my garage.. LOL. from the PO :cool:

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Just read this whole post and I am glad to hear you finally made out alright. This is a great community!!! My hats off to you and daddyg for finding a solution to your issue!

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
glad to hear the good news what size tires and lift are on the huge pic (maroon bronco)

OP
OP
ObscureMachine

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
glad to hear the good news what size tires and lift are on the huge pic (maroon bronco)

daddyg is the man!!! I love this place!

It's supposed to have a 2" lift. The tires are 33s. I just re-ground the knuckles and the brakes are sweet!!! Now, my wife has the instrument panel out and is painting; it and putting the luminescent kit on it. And, I bypassed the heater core cause my feet were getting toasty. It's warm down here! If I can get my horn working I'll be good to go for inspection!