• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buying a Bronco, Am I paying too much?

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
That's incredible..............pretty sure I'd be sleeping next to it lol :)

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like one failure-prone part has already been replaced. The fuel pump looks new?

Does the negative battery cable have a connection to the body? If not, and it only goes to the engine block, you might want to add one. Maybe some 10ga wire between the battery cable and wheel well at the starter relay or similar setup.

Sorry to hear of your hassle, but you can thank the internet and modern pirates for that. Hasn't been a worry-free cashier's check transaction in more than 10 years now. Every Tom, Dick and African prince is sending out bogus cashiers checks these days.
I'm sure when you hand one off directly, and it goes down at a bank, it's probably less of a problem. But I can understand why they're no longer considered just as good as cash by some anymore.

Paul

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Paul you missed the new upper radiator hose.
Anyhow nice find I would suggest taking as many pictures of this thing as you can as its as close to orginal as it gets and there may be people out here that would like to see how this was routed or painted or not painted ect. Kinda gives some of us some insight on how they came out of the factory. That we rarely get to see anymore.

Hopefully it hold or gains value for you. I kinda think the market has been over inflated or a few years now. But thats just me. but you dont find many like that so it one of them finds no matter what.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Paul you missed the new upper radiator hose.

hah! Yeah, yeah, and noticed the battery cables too. Even has that semi-unusual location for the starter relay. Seen 'em that way on 6-cylinder Broncos, but also (I think) on some '69's like this one. Maybe it was during some transition they did that? Unless they were all that way before then too? I don't remember, but wanted to bring that up into discussion mode.

Gonna' use that under-hood pic for another discussion we were having a few days ago about the old dealy-bob that controlled the dual-diaphragm distributors. Right there in plain sight on this one.
Good pics.

Still, looks like an original, or it would have to be one of the most clever and elaborate fakes to roll down the pike in a long time!
I'm on the real-deal bandwagon side of the fence for now though.

Paul

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Came back and drooling again this morning. I was wrong in my original posr! A flipper would ask at least 40K!

clarrance

Bronco Guru
Awesome find. I'd say you got a good deal, it looks like a one of a kind for sure.

Let me guess this Bronco was probably owned by someone in Detroit who kept it stored at their cabin in northern MI. I'm originally from northern MI and there is a lot of neat older things stored in cabins up there. I have found a lot of old dirt bikes, 3wheelers, boats, snowmobiles, etc that people really just never used stored at those cabins. The parents pass away and the kids sell the stuff off. It's amazing the good deals to be had up there.

67RT

Bronco Guru
Are you flipping it or keeping it? It would be nice if you offered it up here before sending it out to the masses on flea-bag. It should bring a pretty coin regardless.

roundhouse

Bronco Guru
Nice find !

I don't blame the seller about the cashier check
Cashiers checks are easy to print fake ones

A wire transfer is virtually impossible to fake and is IMHO the best way to move large amounts of $$$

If you or the seller had gotten pulled over for a minor traffic violation , the cops would have stolen the cash and said "prove you're not a drug dealer and sue us if you want it back "

Whoaa

Bronco Guru
Great Bronco sir...no doubt one of the nicest and most original 69' models left in the world!
I always deal in cash when buying and selling, and all of my car buddies only deal in cash also, no surprise there.

When dealing with this caliber of rareness, price isn't a significant factor. Its a good investment. Congrats!

67RT

Bronco Guru
I would never carry that kind of cash. Wire transfers have always worked well. I know it is easier to pull a deal with cash and if I was a flipper I probably would, but I have low risk tolerance.