• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Buying and paying long distance.

bluehair

If you called my boss at work to get a character reference, I’m not selling you my bronco. Hypothetically speaking as I am retired.

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
A plane ticket, a rent a car, and inspecting it in person sets you up for a priceless 1st memory for getting a Bronco.

Make it a mini vacation with the mrs or a weekend kitchen pass with a beer buddy.

OP
OP
J

JasonP718

Loc.
Long Island, NY
The escrow.com seems to be as safe as you can get (if not face to face) as you don’t release the funds until you have had 3 days to inspect on your end. Takes all the risk out of it. Worst that happens is you get stuck shipping it back.

hyghlndr

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Hockessin, Delaware
I don't think 99% of sellers are going to allow the escrow mess. So if you aren't happy their vehicle is hundreds or thousands of miles away just for you to tire kick. Never met anyone willing to do it and all the offers I have had have been scams.

Jump in the car, fly out or at least get a local person to check it out.