• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Byob 2009

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
When I stopped at the north bound Kennebunk gas station to feed the steed more dead dinosaurs I met a couple who were driving their cars up from Virginia. They asked if we had some sort of round up going on because they had seen so many Broncos on the road (us). I was asked to pass along that they liked what they were seeing.

Tasker, next year we need to have a furthest travelled award. From my garage to the sportsmans club was 183 miles one-way using Rand McNally maps. Anyone drive further? New Yorkers???

Depends on your definition, ManTruck (Dave) came in from Colorado, but he did not drive his truck here. ;D

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
as for distance, we had a black fullsize with Maryland plates....Jay and Mike might have been in the running too. Mantruck flew in from Colorado...does that one count? ;D

Master Chief

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Would "flying in" from 1/2 way around the world count, even though it was a month ago? ha ha

I think it could be a split award, furthest travelled and furthest driven.

XT700

Loc.
Brownsville
I had originally posted this on the picture thread but it deserves to be both places. So here it is again.

Walt
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
Senior Chief,

We need to really thank YOU! For both your service to country for which we cannot repay, and for the absolutely wonderful Flag and Shadowbox presentation you did. I would have gladly given up the 50/50 (had I won that is ) for the shadow box. You gift still gives me goose bumps when I think about it.

Thank!!!!!!!

Not sure if this should be here or in the original BYOB thread but since the picture is here I'll put it here. I spoke with Senior Chief(Roger I believe) before I knew he had put together that awesome door prize. Absolutely one of the nicest people I have met at one of these events. Then to find out he is one of the dedicated people that works to keep our country free and allows all of us to enjoy all the freedoms that come with that. When I told him about being up on Route 1 in Maine a few years ago and having one of those Orion P-3's scare the s*#t out of me while making an approach at the air station he just laughed but you could see the pride he has in being a part of our military. Sorry this got a little long but just wanted to show my appreciation for all the members of our military like Senior Chief.

Walt

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Would "flying in" from 1/2 way around the world count, even though it was a month ago? ha ha

I think it could be a split award, furthest travelled and furthest driven.

It COUNTS 200% in my book Senior Chief! And if I am a judge of character what so ever, I believe ManTruck would agree!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
what a great time though. Glad everyone left before i needed that jump start though! %)

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
i had a great time i got to put alot of names with faces .what a great bunch of guys! it was awsome seeing all those broncos in one place! CANT WAIT FOR VIRGINIA AND POSSIBLY A FALL EVENT.(sean and randy please get on that) a special thanks to fatboy for the wifes wheels and dirtyboy for my rear disc brakes. had really great time!!!! and the truck made it home noooo problems unlike the trip up :(

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Okay, now that I'm out of work and taken care of a few things...

It was awesome, weather, food, and friends...I got to put a huge shout out to Sean, Dave, Randy, Pete, John Malloy, Jay & Senior Chief (Roger)..

Sean, Dave and Randy for doing soooo much legwork and getting this all put together.

Randy for finding a Bronco project for me (more to come later)

Pete (fatboy) and John for helping me get that project home safely

Jay for making some kick-ass nametags

and Roger (Senior Chief) for protecting our freedom, being part of the Bronco bretheren, offering up a bone-chilling door-prize, and just being a really stand-up guy and a wonderful patriot. Thank you Sir, doesn't come anywhere near my thanks for your service to our great country. I am forever greatful, as I am to all our servicemen and women.

Next year will be better than this year...I have some surprises and ideas up my sleeve to make it so...stay tuned!!!!

69BroncoNH

Hi,

It was a great day, all though I did not get to bring my Bronco.

Does anyone have Dave, the guy selling parts, email? I owe him money and don't have his contact info.

Great to hear you made it home safe Steve!

John

Last edited:

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Hi,

It was a great day, all though I did not get to bring my Bronco.

Does anyone have Dave, the guy selling parts, email? I owe him money and don't have his contact info.

Great to hear you made it home safe Steve!

John

John,

I have his contact info...he's not far from you. I'll PM you with his info.

Steve

mhandy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Windsor,ny
it was a great day! always fun meeting with this cast of characters. as for mileage i'm 186 miles one way. but I think maryland is just a bit further