• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C Bushing install problems, help needed

OP
OP
D

demo0211

Well grinding radius arms and caps down to original metal seemed to work along with a different method of tightening arms to get parallel. With the axle housing on jack stands and making sure it was level, I tightened passenger side cap down about a qtr of the way then used a jack stand to hold it up tight against the bottom of the radius arm bracket. I then held driver side tight against RA bracket with jack stand and tightened alternating both sides. This seemed to do better at holding the arms in place so they couldn't raise and allowed the C bushings settle in to that position. Now both arms are tight against the bottom of the RA brackets and axle housing is still sitting on jackstands so I know I'm level, I think :) Will see tonight for sure when I get springs back in and sit'er down. Fingers crossed.

Muddy1966Bronco

Loc.
Central PA
Let us know how it goes. If you have a lean with perfectly set arms, it’s more likely another suspension component is suspect. Glad to hear that you finally found your solution!

OP
OP
D

demo0211

Installation complete and I'm happy with the results. Measuring from side marker lights and front bumper driver side is a little less than 1/2 inch lower than passenger in front and 1/4 inch in rear. Close enough for me. Thanks for help from all.

OP
OP
D

demo0211

Forgot to mention that someone said watch pinion angle with 7 degree buschings and 2.5 inch lift, pinion angle is great and non-issue.