• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

C4 Transmission problems

freeride376

Loc.
North Ogden
When I put in gear bronco barly moves. I push the gas and rev the motor and bronco barly goes? It fills like the tranny doesn't catch it slips or something?

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Have you checked the fluid level? What led up to this? Forward clutches could be burnt up? Vac lines ? Need a little more info and Viperwolf1 to chime in!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Check the fluid level first. Then make sure tcase is in gear. After that it isn't looking good. What gear positions do work?

OP
OP
freeride376

freeride376

Loc.
North Ogden
Yes fluid level is good. T-case is in gear. All gears do it. I can put it In 1st and with a little touch and momentum I can get it going. This all started when it would take several second for the bronco to kick into gear. It just slowly got worse and now this.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
All forward gears require the forward clutch to work. Reverse does not. It requires the direct clutch and low/reverse band. Either you have multiple part failures (bad clutch seals, burnt clutch disks, etc) or something is wrong with the pump or fluid feeding. Take the pan off and see if something is clogging the filter. If it's clear you might as well put a fork in it, because it's time for a rebuild.

You didn't recently have the filter off did you? There is a pressure relief valve/spring held by the filter. If that fell out you could have pressure problems.