• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

c4 vs 4r70w behind a 250 I6

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
There are 4R70W full manual valve bodys available for those too timid to adapt the electrical needs (no such thing as can't be done, only unwillingness to do what it takes). Of course those are about the same cost as a trans controller.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
A little off from what your asking but I have a 71 with a 250, 4.11 gears, 32x11.50s (wish I had gone 33s) and a NV3350 5 speed.
The 250 has so much torque it makes the 5 speed and 32s or 33s possible.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Really? lol

Next you're going to say that with the potential of sunspot activity we should go back to hand crank starters like on Model A's because there is a .002% chance that your starter won't work due to magnetic field interference with increased solar flares!

It's amazing that ANY cars or trucks even work with your reasoning. :)

Have yourself a great day.

wow...

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I can take every single wire off a 4R70W and it is still drivable.

For some reason people think if any wire comes off the transmission it will just be stuck in neutral. The 4R70W has a good fail safe and will still drive. 2nd gear forward and reverse.

Add a TPS to a carb? That is WAY easier than setting up a TV linkage correctly.

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
That's what I was going to compare it to- dang TV cable. Talk to any trans shop and ask them how often that causes catastrophic failure!

Thought I'd quit making such obvious comments because I didn't want to come across wrong but there really is no reality to some of these "wiring" comments. None, zip, nada... lol