• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Can’t get ignition switch out

Hawaii

Mine just does not turn to the left. Put in the ol paper clip - nothing. I replacing the wiring harness and was wondering if I should just drill it out?

langester

Contributor
MASTER OF MADNESS
Sometimes you have to mess with them a bit to get them to release.I would keep at it for a while before you do something drastic. Good luck!

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
And sometimes you have to hold the paperclip juuuuust right. If you have a drill bit that will just barely fit the hole, it's more likely to depress the plunger without as much "finesse". A paper clip WILL work but it can be a chore.
Like Langester said, keep trying before you start the drastic measures.
Randy

needsmoarturbo

Did you turn it to the left before inserting the paper clip? I think that's the correct order, but can't remember. Drilling them out is not hard, I had to do it once, just started with like a 1/4 bit and stepped up slowly till it fell out