• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

carb issue?!?!?!

andy

Loc.
Charleston
ok guys. here it is, got everything hooked back up on the manifold carb switchout. now the accelorator is sticking. catching on the accelorator hook up at carb. my explaniation, when you goose it the accelorator thing moves with gas pedal, then it hit a point on that bracket that makes the accelator pump well pump. that is where it is hanging up on that little rise. boy i bet that does not make sense to yall. is there an adjustment screw or anything there to keep this from rubbing so bad? any help is good help!

andy

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Andy do you have a digital camera? There is a stop screw on some carbs but I dont know what type you have. I think Motorcraft has its stop screw on the opposite side between the choke element and body. Not sure at the moment exactly, but it depends on whos carb and model-

OP
OP
A

andy

Loc.
Charleston
it is a holley 600 cfm. not much of a computer tech man. got a camera but do not know how to post the pic could email to you i guess.

OP
OP
A

andy

Loc.
Charleston
got it boltbuster i guess after looking and working on switchout, headers and exaust yesterday for nearly 10 hrs i simply did not see that 2 of the pieces of the throttle assmby were rubbing to cause sticking ( i think), can not crank till i move brake line put the drivers header right on top of it without paying attention. have to move befoe it melts through. oops!

andy

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
The accelerator pump bracket that is hitting, is it on in reverse? It possible to do.

Holley doesn't use a stop screw they just have an internal spring return on the throttle arm.