• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carb suggestions, switching from 2 to 4

lilwill12

Loc.
East TN
Had the edelbrock/carter with the off road kit. Ran great & reliable on flat ground but sucked off road. tried a holley. The thing needed to be messed with constantly to keep it running right. Now I've been running q-jets on both broncos for probably 10 years. Just upgraded the 72 to a jet performance q-jet after it's boneyard one died. Got 9 yrs out of the boneyard q-jet it had

What sort of mpg did you get with your qjet, also what intake? And where is a good place to purchase on? I am searching currently, but I need a quick reliable turn around due to the fact this is my daily driver.

SteveL

Huge chevy guy
Loc.
Hawthorne ca
Not sure what my mileage was but seems a little better with the q-jet if I keep my foot out of it. I ordered mine thru bc but you may be able to get it quicker direct from jet performance. I'm running an offy manifold so I dont need the adapter for the q-jet. Mine are on a 351w

lilwill12

Loc.
East TN
Not sure what my mileage was but seems a little better with the q-jet if I keep my foot out of it. I ordered mine thru bc but you may be able to get it quicker direct from jet performance. I'm running an offy manifold so I dont need the adapter for the q-jet. Mine are on a 351w

Thanks a lot I am still searching out options. Everytime I think I want to go one route a positive qjet post comes along. I saw the BC carb advertised so thanks for the affirmation.
Thanks for the info!