• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Carbon fiber body panels for a ‘72

hossbronco

Contributor
Will your hoods be able to use hood shocks and stock hardware, or do they have to use the hood pins?

hossbronco

Contributor
i'd imagine a special hood shock would be needed so this thing doesn't fly open and smack someone
The carbon fiber hoods I’ve seen in the past require hood pins and hood props. It’s the tradeoff for going super light.

Dylan_Shaffer

Contributor
Loc.
Huntington Beach
Will your hoods be able to use hood shocks and stock hardware, or do they have to use the hood pins?
I’m aiming to make them use stock hardware so you don’t need hood pins. You can always pop holes in them if you do want hood pins. Also been thinking about adding hard points for hood shocks. I’ll definitely need to get lighter gas springs than what the steel hoods use though. Same goes with the spring on the hood latch.