• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

***Carolina Bronco Members***(Site Back Up)

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
This is just a notice to explain what has happened to our site. Wed. night the company we use to host our site lost all their servers/hard drives. Paul, our web guy has been working non stop to restore our site. There is a lot involved in bring a site back up and he has many sites to do. We are not the only fish in his pond. I guess it's safe to say the back-up didn't work either. I appolgize for any incovenience this has caused. Please be patient with us. I will send out an email to the list when all has been restored,Chuck

Last edited:

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Glad I saw this - I keep checking it and no luck. Thanks for the update Chuck.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
This is not looking good. Just got an email from Paul, with a copy of the email they sent to him.

I am working on restoring from most recent data. . .eta. . .this weekend
--paul

FYI. . . . . .hardware failure AND compromised site.

this was sent to Paul...
Hi Paul,

Thank you for contacting OLM. This is an update to let you know we still have your previous drive from the compromised server and can mount this drive for you which possibly contains more recent data than your backup drive and the databases you are looking for. However, we would like to make you aware with this disclaimer we are not liable for any problems or issues which may arise from copying files from the previous "compromised" drive to the new server. In the event the copying of these files from the previous drive to the new server creates a problem, and you require the server being re-imaged again, you will be subject to fees again to have this process implemented. Please note: you will have to "agree" with the above statement in order for us to proceed and mount the "previous compromised drive". If you "do not agree" we can "not" proceed with mounting the "previous compromised drive" and you will have to rely on restoring sites/data from your c!
urrent mounted backup drive. We await your reply on how we should proceed.

Regards,
Omar
Thanks OMAR%) ...in otherwords"Welcome to Phucksville-Population: YOU!"

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
So what is "compromised" supposed to mean?
I stopped by Paul's house on the way home to see whats up. Apparently, the last "back-up" was in Sept.:mad: But,they called Paul-to tell him they found more info and data. This could mean we lose some or alot of our data(ie.post,topics,threads,members,passwords,usernames,etc.) Sh*t I dont want to have to go through again!I'm really hating somethings right now,Chuck

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
Thats why I let Network Solutions host my site so if anything happens it is on them.It costs 75 Bucks per year and it is their equipment to repair /replace.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Thats why I let Network Solutions host my site so if anything happens it is on them.It costs 75 Bucks per year and it is their equipment to repair /replace.

shoot me a pm or email and tell me more...Thanx,Chuck

744x4

Loc.
Taylors,SC
I use the design it yourself 5 page website package and you can add services and options to it also.It is as simple as can be or as complicated as you want it if you want to edit HTML code.http://www.networksolutions.com/ shows the basic stuff and then you can add and subtract as needed.I do need to update the look of the SEB site but it works for now.

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys, I even went to FSB to post up what I know. Hoping it comes back soon,Chuck

tburke

Loc.
Siler City NC
I already miss the site! I know you have alot of hard work invested in it. Hopefully, it will work out and not too much will be lost. All this attention may draw more attention to the site. When it does come back up, maybe more people will visit. It is a site were all Bronco people should visit!

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I already miss the site! I know you have alot of hard work invested in it. Hopefully, it will work out and not too much will be lost. All this attention may draw more attention to the site. When it does come back up, maybe more people will visit. It is a site were all Bronco people should visit!
Thanks Tommy,Travis...I was really hoping today was the day, but no luck!

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
chuck. . .I've got all of your files over to the new server and I am rebuilding the dbs this afternoon. will give you an eta after my initial try.

--paul
this is the latest I got from Paul. Not sure what it means, maybe later this evening...I dont know-I give up!!!!Chuck

OP
OP
blazinchuck

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
I just spoke with him, he thinks later today-tonight. No later than tomorrow morning,Chuck