• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

centech/painless mass buy?update 5/15/05

big daddy walt

Loc.
Barnegat
I saw alot of interest in a previous post. Thought I would make it a little more obvious.

Last edited:

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I would be in for one Centech Harness. I want nothing to do with a Painless harness.

ak68

centech for me

I just looked under the dash and I think if a mass buy went in on the centech I would want one.

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
SACHEM said:
I would be in for one Centech Harness. I want nothing to do with a Painless harness.

SACHEM - Why are you so set against the Painless? I am trying to decide which is better and easier, and I was leaning toward the Painless. Any info helps me lessen my future headache.

Thanks a bunch!

Oh, I would probably be in for a mass buy. I need to rewire and a better price might be the deciding factor.

mp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Austin, TX
Whatever is cheapest. Painless can't be that bad--it would be a learning experience.

SACHEM

Back From the Dead
I have assisted along with a good friend of mine with the install of his and my Centech harness's. The local shop that does Jeeps did a painless and they had nothing but pain with it. This was a few years ago but if a shop has trouble and get little or no support from painless than I don't believe I will fair any different. Perhaps the shortcomings are no more, but I feel better buying what I know.

Brewbro21

That's true here too. My buddy works at a 4X4 shop up here and he said they charge $400 more for the painless because it's a big pain in the ass. With that said I went with the Centech had it took me just over 25 labor hours to remove the old and install my new harness. I'm no means an electrical guy so if I can do it anyone can. My rig couldn't be better with the new harness.

Not only is Centech cheaper, it's also easier to install. However, everyone has their opinions. Good luck with the buy guys, you wont be dissapointed with your new harness either way. Anything's better than 30+ year old wiring.