• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cheapest place for tires?

MountainGuy

Loc.
Athens, Georgia
Hey, i was wondering if you guys new of the cheapest place to get tires. I want something like M/T's or A/T's....anything like that. Should i just look through something like 4 Wheel Drive magazine or something? Just wondering. Thanks

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Discount Tire ... they back their tires with replacement in the event of sidewall damage. If you are located in the West, they have good coverage.

swa0330

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Portland,OR
Yeah,<br> Tire rack has the best overall prices, but I like Discount because they are all over the place here in CO and I can get service easily. If you do go with a tire place from a magazine go with Tires International or National Tire and Wheel because they pretty much have the best prices. 4 wheel parts jacked up prices on everything like hell about a year ago and their target market has become yuppies with tons of cash and no brains.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Discount and Les Schwab have the tire replacement warranty even sidewall damage. ;D

huged29

Loc.
Ft Collins, Colorado
discount will also match prices so if you find a lower one just print it out and bring it to them and they should match it or get pretty close.

Hnrys69

Bronco Guru
MTR's best price were at the Tirerack (they are local for me) and they ship pretty cheap..

lpsolo

Loc.
Fresno, CA
The best price that I found on ATs or MT was at Costco. It beat all of the other tirestores in my area. They have to special order the tires - takes about a week. Also, They were running a discount for the first part of this year if you bought four - $60.00. Don't know if they are still offering the discount.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
[quote author=lpsolo link=board=5;threadid=14223;start=0#107029 date=1045063475]<br>The best price that I found on ATs or MT was at Costco. It beat all of the other tirestores in my area. They have to special order the tires - takes about a week. Also, They were running a discount for the first part of this year if you bought four - $60.00. Don't know if they are still offering the discount.<br>[/quote]<br><br>Yep Costco can get Goodrich, pretty cheap. They have some other brands too

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Be aware that Costco and Sam's Club do sell "blems" ... no big deal on the cosmetics, but these "seconds" can be a problem relative to balancing. I have had AT's from Costco that had weights lined up almost 90-degrees around the rim. I was always concerned one would fly off and kill someone in the convertible one lane over :eek:. But Orificer ?:?

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
[quote author=ASE-73 link=board=5;threadid=14223;start=0#107113 date=1045089345]<br>Be aware that Costco and Sam's Club do sell "blems" ... no big deal on the cosmetics, but these "seconds" can be a problem relative to balancing. I have had AT's from Costco that had weights lined up almost 90-degrees around the rim. I was always concerned one would fly off and kill someone in the convertible one lane over :eek:. But Orificer ?:?<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't know what the laws are elsewhere but if a tire store not only costco sells blems they have to tell you they are. I have bought 2 sets of Goodrich and 1 set of Michelins at the costco here and none were blems. I have knowingly bought blems before and they had the word Blem burned into the rubber right next to the serial number.<br><br>BH

griff

Loc.
solvang, ca
A couple months ago there was a guy selling mtr's on ebay. I bought a set of 35's for $515. I assume thats about as cheap as you can find them. I bought them from stewart&stewart racing.

ASE-73

Loc.
Seattle, WA
[quote author=BwoncoHowie link=board=5;threadid=14223;start=0#107174 date=1045102777]<br>[quote author=ASE-73 link=board=5;threadid=14223;start=0#107113 date=1045089345]<br>Be aware that Costco and Sam's Club do sell "blems" ... no big deal on the cosmetics, but these "seconds" can be a problem relative to balancing. I have had AT's from Costco that had weights lined up almost 90-degrees around the rim. I was always concerned one would fly off and kill someone in the convertible one lane over :eek:. But Orificer ?:?<br>[/quote]<br><br>I don't know what the laws are elsewhere but if a tire store not only costco sells blems they have to tell you they are. I have bought 2 sets of Goodrich and 1 set of Michelins at the costco here and none were blems. I have knowingly bought blems before and they had the word Blem burned into the rubber right next to the serial number.<br><br>BH<br>[/quote]<br><br>They have an inked "B" stamped on the sidewall near the bead ... on the non-raised-white-letter side.

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I bought tires for my wife's minivan from Costco. They weren't blems, in fact they were Michelin's that were much nicer than the factory tires. Plus their price was very low and included mounting, balancing & stems, something other tire places charge extra for. Overall I got a very good set of tires at an excellent price. Now I don't know whether they carry BFG M/Ts for my truck but I can say that my experience at Costco was positive.

67ster

Bronco Guru
I've bought fours sets from Costco and never had a problem . My BFG's even cme with an optional road hazard , it cost a few bucks but I was still in them cheaper than what I would have paid at Discount.

sfaforester

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
SW, Arkansas
:-U<br>Might want to give this a shot. Depending on how big a town you live in. Find the best deal and the tires (and rims) you want in a 4x4 catalog, take it to your local tire shops, and let them jnow your thinking of getting these tires and see if they could compete with the price. If they can get within a $100, you would save yourself a ton. If you go with the local, they will take care of you, if you get a defected tire, cheaper price on rotations, stuff like that. I live in a town of 5000 people and was surprised to see the local shop charge me a little more than what I showed them in my 4x4 magazine. So it saved me more money cause i didn't pay for shipping and he told me he would rotate them for free, and don't forget the road hazard (if you want something like that) If you order by magazine, you pay to send back defective tires (and/or rims), and road hazard would be a pain too. Might want to consider that. Hope it helps.

77BroncoWag

Contributor
Bronco Guru
[quote author=alex69eb link=board=5;threadid=14223;start=0#107064 date=1045071751]
this place is great the only killer would be shipping, I asked on 35/12.50 15 mtr's and he said $147 a piece

http://www.4x4groupbuy.com/default.asp

[/quote]

165 shipped for 35'MTR's Nobody is cheaper than that. Discount and 4 wheel parts said they want no part of that. Both want 200+ each