• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Check this Bad Mo Fo out

eb-nutt1

Matlock-- only time you chime in is when it's chevy related--haven't you got a buggy to work on or something?

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
ueber cool- until i got to the part where it says its chebby powered... you can keep it.

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I don't know if I'm a reformed Chevy guy or a Ford guy or neither. I dig my Bronco and my Superduty Diesel , but those TPI chevy motors are really sweet.They like to be loaded down , the harder you load them , the better they pull.

I like them better than Ford EFI , not that I'd ever pull a windsor and put in a SBC.

We're not looking at a Bronco here really , it is a tube buggy with Bronco skins.
A TPI350 + 700r4 is a potent combination ... I'd wheel it.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Chevy power is something I would never do to a Bronco, but it doesent bother me if someone else does it...To each their own I guess! live and let live.......

Ratch

Contributor
Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff?%)
I worked with a guy who had a pro street 86 mustang with a stroked BBC, very quick, sub 6 second in the 1/8th with spray. I asked him once why not ford power? He said he could make more power with the ford, but would cost him twice the money. Ten years ago I couldn't argue, but there is a lot more stuff available now than then, and its comparatively priced. Nice rig though. I just wish it had a blue oval power plant. Only little boys wear bowties.:cool:

p.s. Sorry bout the rant, just.......why?

wngrog

Loc.
Canton
Looks like you guys found me out....I am a buggy guy and a Cruiser guy. Have had 350's and Gen III 6.0's in my stuff so the Chevy motor in this buggy was actually a plus as I know dick about Ford stuff.

As was said above, I took this one on trade, it was built in 2005 by AFW in Montana. They are the same ones that built the Detroit Locker Jeep that was in all the Magazines and always on the Ultimate Adventure. Most have seen that. They do awesome work.

Fan switch? Hokey, I agree, someone after the first builder did that. I rewired it to come on at switched 12v and 180*...I need to ditch that switch. The rest of the switches and knobs are OEM EB and they work, like the dimmer on the headlight switch etc...

Coilover springs exposed worried me a bit too so I added some guards from Polyperformance.com that will keep the kids fingers safe. As for the holes, they are not that big, only a freak rock would worry me, but I don't sweat the small stuff.

3700 miles on it now...I have put 1000 miles on it around town. I have a 50 mile round trip commute and it rides as good as anything I have owned. Drives awesome. 100 mph with one hand on the wheel and zero vibrations...

6 lug? What is wrong with 6 lug? I have been running buggies for 10 years on the hardest trails in the country and I have never sheered lugs. 8 lugs are too much! Also, semi-float axles don't come 8 lug...

Not sure on the OBDII sending unit, plastic fuel comment. I am going to cover that up with a rack for storage soon....

Narrowed body......that is a rockcrawling thing. EB Bodies are WIDE for rockcrawling. They are magnets for trees and rocks. This being narrowed makes for less body damage.

I think the seats are Wild Horse or something like that. I prefer suspension seats but these will do.

I love how you guys say you would not drive it because of the motor. That is just plain funny. You would rock this bitch all day long and just put a pad lock on the hood so your buddies would not raz you :D

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
Awesome looking rig! Are you gonna make it up to Clayton with some of the LEBC gang on June 18-19 (sorry for the thread hijack). I'd love to see that thing in action even if I can't keep up with it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
bronco-billy-66

bronco-billy-66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madison Mississippi
I love how you guys say you would not drive it because of the motor. That is just plain funny. You would rock this bitch all day long and just put a pad lock on the hood so your buddies would not raz you :D

I'm no chevy guy, Ive always owned ford,and i usually dont like non ford power in a ford... BUT... seeing this one in person.. I would rock this bitch all day long;D;D

wngrog

Loc.
Canton
Awesome looking rig! Are you gonna make it up to Clayton with some of the LEBC gang on June 18-19 (sorry for the thread hijack). I'd love to see that thing in action even if I can't keep up with it.

I just got back from OK at the new property in Daisy this past weekend and I am headed to Hot Springs Superlift this weekend so my wheeling budget is blown!

I will post some pics of it on the trails.

Although it has all the goodies, I am not expecting it to be a full up buggy. It is relatively heavy compared to what I have been wheeling the last 10 years (4400# wet) and wide and so damn pretty. I will probably stick to the moderate hard trails and keep the extreme stuff off the list.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
A chevy 350 is like a mullet we all had one once then realized how dumb it was and got rid of it. Worst use of a body ever, put blazer skins on it.