• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

check this out

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
the alum was treated to a process called "corking" it's really time consuming to do. you use a pice of round cork, say 1 1/2' in dia, and it's centered onto a stud & mounted into a drill press. not sure if any compound is used or not, but the drill press is turned on and you lower the cork onto the material to swirel one at a time..
was really popular years ago.

the coil bracket looks like it was just fabbbed up out of some alum sheet.
hth
nick

Broncoman

Bronco Guru
Here is another shot of the paint. I have had this pic on my computer a long time. It is nice in that show truck kind of way

Attachments

• BRONCO111.jpg
    BRONCO111.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 79

NYLES

Bronco Guru
He needs some fake mud to put on it at shows ....Hed win more!

M

Miley

agent_orange_71 said:
There is only one thing that comes to my mind....the pic says it all.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I have to agree... BLING BLING!

I kind of feal cheap and dirty just reading his description. Sounded like a used car salesman that overuses cliche's!!

Still, nice ride. I think I'll keep my oil burner though ;D .

James

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
I bet that Bronco longs for the hills and the mud! The idea of 4WD is to go off road! Polished aluminum under my hood would be useless. I keep my engine compartment protected from the elements by a nice coat of grease and dirt.

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
i would have to agree on the bling bling but living in a rust belt of contunal sat as it seems stuff that does not rust easy is a huge plus. granted there is glass but i just dont know on it. that is mmy reasoning for liking the bling.

trophybass

Loc.
Plant City, Florida
I think the design on the aluminum is also called engine turning. You can do it with a hand drill and a wire wheel cone shaped stripper thingy(sorry cant think of the tool) and you just have to space it right. Just google aluminum engine turning.