• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chicagoland Meet & Greet?

vesparex

I see these threads for various meet & greets! Gets me wondering, is there a Chicagoland area meet & greet? Owners association?

I live in Berwyn (BEERwyn ;D) which is just minutes west of downtown ChiTown. Work in Darien, west on I55.

Would be interedted in an evening cruise in somewhere, or just meet at my house! Plenty of side street parking and my garage is also home to a 1968 Fiat 500, 1975 Kawi H1 and 2 Ducks. Beer and other adult beverages, a fire pit and two jack ass dogs!

Who would be in for something like this?

Duane

BroncandPackard.jpg

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

A Bronco and a Packard. Looks like my garage. :)

Really? My curiosity is piqued!

The Pack is a '38 that was my wife’s grandfathers. Now her dad has it. We will eventually be the proud custodians.

Duane

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Duane,

There is a car show at Celli's Beef in Niles this Saturday, June 9 from 6pm to 10pm. http://www.cellisbeef.com/index.php 8080 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Niles.
Not on their site, but saw it in the local paper this week.
I'm probably going to go check it out (just up the street for me). I'll see who else I can rope in. Easy to get to in Niles and apparently they are having a band. Weather looks good for a Saturday night cruise. ;D

John

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
can't make this one, maybe next time! ;D

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Duane,

There is a car show at Celli's Beef in Niles this Saturday, June 9 from 6pm to 10pm. http://www.cellisbeef.com/index.php 8080 N. Milwaukee Ave. in Niles.
Not on their site, but saw it in the local paper this week.
I'm probably going to go check it out (just up the street for me). I'll see who else I can rope in. Easy to get to in Niles and apparently they are having a band. Weather looks good for a Saturday night cruise. ;D

John

Crap. We are taking my wife's parents to dinner at Geja's on Armitage in the city. Likely it'll be pretty late. We will see.

Duane

broncojohn

What a great looking garage Packard and Bronco very sweet!! I am old school Ford along with the broncos and would be great to get together. It has been along time for the old Bronco Picknic;D. I too hit the Barrington car show, its is a nice show with all kinds of flavors of cars

bosshoff

Contributor
Crap. We are taking my wife's parents to dinner at Geja's on Armitage in the city. Likely it'll be pretty late. We will see.

Duane

Have fun smelling like an Egyptian hooker after dinner at Geja's.;D

cokeguy

What a great looking garage Packard and Bronco very sweet!! I am old school Ford along with the broncos and would be great to get together. It has been along time for the old Bronco Picknic;D. I too hit the Barrington car show, its is a nice show with all kinds of flavors of cars

can't make it to niles, but agree w/ john... BRONCO PICNIC ALWAYS WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Wow! Cool. Chicagoland, Streamwood. Barrington Hills. There have to be more ChiTown and suburb dwellers here!

Lets plan something. Central to all of us. Maybe take over a park one afternoon. Or, as I offered earlier, make the trek to Berwyn! Fire pit, drinks, gearhead talk!

Duane.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Scoped the Celli's lot this morning. This place will be hopping tonight I bet.
Their two medium sized lots ought to fill up quick. Plenty of parking at the strip malls up Milwaukee if their lots fill up. I'm planning on hitting it with my wreck, but not sure I'll park in their lot. My primer and trail damage ain't exactly show quality, but it will be fun one since it is close for me.

Jack, keep us posted on the Barrington show next week. I think more people can probably make that one.

Sporto

Really? My curiosity is piqued!

The Pack is a '38 that was my wife’s grandfathers. Now her dad has it. We will eventually be the proud custodians.

Duane

Hi Duane,
I recently inherited my father's 37 Packard 120 Convertible. He spent his life bringing it back from a basket case, and it is an amazing show piece. I have been chatting with some of the Packard crowd, and they're not as much fun as this group ;D, but they are definitely fanatics! Good luck with it, and the Bronco. It is hard to split your time and dedication between two amazing vehicles.

Rich

Attachments

• 227089_10150241790205803_6637743_n.jpg
    227089_10150241790205803_6637743_n.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

WOW!!!! Nice! Ours is no longer much of a show piece after languishing in a yard after Jess' grandpa died. But her dad has brought it back from the dead. Drivetrain is not stock anymore.

Duane

Sporto

WOW!!!! Nice! Ours is no longer much of a show piece after languishing in a yard after Jess' grandpa died. But her dad has brought it back from the dead. Drivetrain is not stock anymore.

Duane

I bet that it is still a helluva nice car though. They don't make them like that anymore...I took it to a show this past weekend, and it got a lot of attention from the crowd. People just stare at the inline eight, having never seen anything like that in a car before.

What model is yours Duane? I have a lot of parts for the Junior models (110,115, and 120) from those years, so if you're looking for something specific let me know!

Rich

PS...Note the Bronco in the background of the first picture...See? Just as I said, a Bronco and a Packard in the same driveway. :)

Attachments

• 181797_10151035337755803_31861644_n.jpg
    181797_10151035337755803_31861644_n.jpg
    170.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 599514_10150851411186269_1501073617_n.jpg
    599514_10150851411186269_1501073617_n.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 18