• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chicagoland Meet & Greet?

gojohnnygo

Loc.
Chicago
I'd be down for the 7th if that works for other folks. I'm finishing up a close-ratio steering conversion which, unfortunately, is not very sexy to show off.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I think we might get a bigger crowd if we do Sunday of next weekend. We could late afternoon/early evening for those traveling from afar. 8th is my vote. Thoughts?

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sundays usually are good for me ... the wife works every Sunday and I'll have the kid in tow.
As always , have to check with Central Planning (HoosierMomma) before committing.

Personally , saturdays sound good BUT , there are ALWAYS the kids B-Day parties , soccer games , pool parties , church functions , etc ... sometimes two or three on the same day! Sundays , not so much .

Just a reminder for those living closer to me , the Valpo Harley dealer puts on a "drive in" every friday , 5 to 8pm iirc , beer garden , band , food stands , lots of old cars and some bikes , seems to be plenty of space , but it is growing.
If you go , keep in mind , the dealer owns ALL of the commercial buildings back in there , so all of the parking lots are fair game (except gas station right out front).

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I like to open up my garage Sunday the 8th if we get this baby rocking! It would be good to open the door and let some of the stray cats and possums out. ;)
I'm in Morton Grove. Easy to get to off I94 or I294.

We could hang at my place from like 1 - 5 and if folks want to cruise over to Superdawg in the city later, we could do that later (I'm 10 mins tops). It's on the way to Dr. B.'s house and we could check out his crawler in the evening after milkshakes if it's cool with him and family.

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

I like to open up my garage Sunday the 8th if we get this baby rocking! It would be good to open the door and let some of the stray cats and possums out. ;)
I'm in Morton Grove. Easy to get to off I94 or I294.

We could hang at my place from like 1 - 5 and if folks want to cruise over to Superdawg in the city later, we could do that later (I'm 10 mins tops). It's on the way to Dr. B.'s house and we could check out his crawler in the evening after milkshakes if it's cool with him and family.

This is sounding like a cool plan!

Duane

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Let's start hearing who is in for Sunday.

I might bump the time to 3 or so at my place. Might make it a little more low key if we don't have a big crowd (no grillin' - but I'll have cold beverages). I've called a few local Fools and looks like a lot of folks will have other family stuff going.

Still got a call out to Dr. B if he's up for stop #3 at his place after Superdawg. ;D

Sunday Game plan -
Stop #1 - 72_EB's garage for BS and beverages (2-4)
Stop #2 - Superdawg Chicago - dogs and shakes - (4-5)
Stop #3 - DRBRONCO69's place - more BS and rockcrawler gawking (5-7)

Last edited:

DRBRONCO69

Chicago Mike
Loc.
Chicago, Illinois
OK, I'm in, but let's make my house 5-7. Mama puts Sophie down around 7:30 and don't need the wifey ticked off at all of us making a bunch of noise outside. :p

gojohnnygo

Loc.
Chicago
Cool! I think I can at least make the latter portion! Can someone PM me with addresses (aside from Superdawg. I know where that is.)? Johnny

gojohnnygo

Loc.
Chicago
Looks like I can make all of the locations! I can't wait to meet some other fellow Bronco owners. If anyone feels like wrenching, I've got a Grant steering wheel that needs to be installed. I'll volunteer the project if anyone is up for it.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Cool, Johnny. :cool: Bring what you have adapter-wise with the horn and wheel. Sometimes the correct adapter needs to be ordered and then you've got the issue of the turn signal switch while you're in there (good time to change it while you're in there). Happy to help. Did you get the cool chain link Grant wheel? ;)
See ya Sunday.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Have a good time guy 's I have a family vacation this weekend..:. I'll try an make the next one;)

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Looks like I can make all of the locations! I can't wait to meet some other fellow Bronco owners. If anyone feels like wrenching, I've got a Grant steering wheel that needs to be installed. I'll volunteer the project if anyone is up for it.

I just installed one a couple of weeks ago! Was pretty easy. Borrowed the steering tool from Autozone.
Have to remove and reinstall again to replace a broken turn signal cam...

Duane

gojohnnygo

Loc.
Chicago
72_EB: Ha! No lowrider chain wheel for this kid. I picked up one of the classic wood models (15 inch). I have the adapter kit (#3285). My mechanic just completed installing the close ratio steering upgrade from Tom's and aligned it. He just didn't have time to do the steering wheel install and I figured it may be easier for someone who had done it before since I know the Grant instructions are note entirely clear and the adapter kit contains some extra, unnecessary parts. I was simply throwing it out there but I'm perfectly fine with just hanging out and shooting the breeze with my fellow Bronco brothers. See you Sunday!

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

72_EB: Ha! No lowrider chain wheel for this kid. I picked up one of the classic wood models (15 inch). I have the adapter kit (#3285). My mechanic just completed installing the close ratio steering upgrade from Tom's and aligned it. He just didn't have time to do the steering wheel install and I figured it may be easier for someone who had done it before since I know the Grant instructions are note entirely clear and the adapter kit contains some extra, unnecessary parts. I was simply throwing it out there but I'm perfectly fine with just hanging out and shooting the breeze with my fellow Bronco brothers. See you Sunday!

I used the Grant install kit# 3294- $20 at O'reily's and the 15" Grant Classic series steering wheel part# 966- $119.99 from Jegs. Everything was a perfect fit.

NewSteeringWheel1.jpg

Duane

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Looks good, Duane. :cool:

Johnny, 3285 is the correct adapter if you have your hazard switch on the column. I've got a wheel puller at my place too so don't rent one.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Johnny, Call me later. Wanted to ask you about your horn now. Does it work now? The pigtail on the later horn relay is frequently all corroded. You might want to pick up a relay.