• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chicagoland Meet & Greet?

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I see these threads for various meet & greets! Gets me wondering, is there a Chicagoland area meet & greet? Owners association?

I live in Berwyn (BEERwyn ;D) which is just minutes west of downtown ChiTown. Work in Darien, west on I55.

Duane

D,

You ever drive your old Bronco to work?

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
one more- im in Bolingbrook / Naperville. Saw a nice teal cut EB down the road on 75th st yesterday heading east. I drive mine to work often. more than a meet, im interested in a family camping expedition to the UP in the EB this summer. anyone here game??

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

one more- im in Bolingbrook / Naperville. Saw a nice teal cut EB down the road on 75th st yesterday heading east. I drive mine to work often. more than a meet, im interested in a family camping expedition to the UP in the EB this summer. anyone here game??

The wife and I are talking about a Silverlake sand dune camp in MI this summer.

Duane

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
The wife and I are talking about a Silverlake sand dune camp in MI this summer.

Duane
how are you getting there? through the UP or the LP? got sand rails ? the UP is where it's at for camping!

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

We usually drive through lower MI, along the coast. I'm actually from MI, SE part by Toldeo, OH. Oddly, I've never been to the UP. Mackinac and Alpina is the furthest north I've ever been!

Duane

El Jefe

Bronco Guru
i am a transplant to Chi-town after almost 15y in the D. You *have* to hit the UP some time if you havent been there yet..! anywho, hope to meet y'all folks here in Chi sometime!!

gojohnnygo

Loc.
Chicago
I'm on the NW side of the city. I've got a '75 Ranger daily driver (which doesn't get much love in the summer months since I'm usually riding motorcycles). I'm always down for a meet up. Superdawg perhaps?

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Weekend of July 13th we are in Indiana camping and picking up a set of duals for the Bronc from a member on the board. Rest of July should be fine.

Duane

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Is that Saturday the 7th (of 4th of July weekend) going to be too busy for people?
Are we thinking the new Superdawg in Wheeling (not Chicago)? I'm close to both, but Wheeling's lot is WAY bigger.
Also, do we want a Saturday/Sunday lunch deal or early evening? Lunch might be less busy, but could be more steamy.

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

Wheeling is a hike, the one Chicago is half the distance, only 14 miles. I don't mind the drive. Just which ever one could get more peeps!

Duane

Illinois73

would love to hook up with some chicagoland bronco brothers. working out some bugs on my 73 for a trip to colorado in a few weeks. keep me posted. Im near downers grove.

OP
OP
vesparex

vesparex

would love to hook up with some chicagoland bronco brothers. working out some bugs on my 73 for a trip to colorado in a few weeks. keep me posted. Im near downers grove.

DG! I work just south in Darien! And live in Berwyn.

Lets meet up and talk about our rigs Illinois73!

We did CO a couple years ago in our JK. Before we bought our Bronc. That trip is seriously awesome! Camped on Pikes Peak for the hill climb! Rode the rapids on the Rio. Toured the Cliff Dwellings. Spent a week out there.

Duane

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru

I'm down by Joliet and work in Woodridge; if you ever need a second pair of hands, just let me know. ASE Master Tech, L1.

cokeguy

Is that Saturday the 7th (of 4th of July weekend) going to be too busy for people?
Are we thinking the new Superdawg in Wheeling (not Chicago)? I'm close to both, but Wheeling's lot is WAY bigger.
Also, do we want a Saturday/Sunday lunch deal or early evening? Lunch might be less busy, but could be more steamy.

i'm gonna keep an eye on this post! might be able to make it to the 7th super dawg shindig!