• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Chicagoland \ NWI (Morris, IL) Cruise Night Meetup

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
I'm not sure who is in the vicinity of Morris, IL on here, narrowed down by the fact that not all Broncos are highway friendly...well you get the point, but I wanted to ask regardless.

Chicago71 (circumstances permitting) and myself will be heading out to Morris Cruise Night this Saturday June 8th, in our trusty rigs.

Typically it's no less than 600 cars and averages around 800+.

Entrance fee is 10 dollars, but it is extremely well organized and staffed.

Morris Cruise Nights

I aim to arrive by 4PM and no later...and by then I'm usually into the 200's for registrant number even though it doesn't start until 6.

Chicago71 was going to meet up at my place and then we were going to cruise out there via some back roads; grab a Bellacino's grinder before heading in...that's a family tradition.

If anyone's interested in cruising along, PM me for my address. If not, we'll bring back some pics of our rigs.

If a grinder isn't your style, there are local food places open and plenty of public restrooms.

I've been attending this event for 10 years. Some cruise nights can become boring, but there are more cars/trucks/ you name it to see, that you typically wear out of walking before you see everything there is to see.

OP
OP
WheelHorse

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Morris-Cruise-Night.jpg

This doesn't show all of the side streets or looking the other way.

It's a darn good time; so good in fact, rides come down from Wisconsin to attend this cruise night.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Looks like a good time. I'd make the trip if I had a Bronco that ran.....Maybe next year!

OP
OP
WheelHorse

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Well, it was a smooth trip, great eats and the turn out was right around 800 cars as promised.

Morris3.jpeg

Morris1.jpeg

OP
OP
WheelHorse

WheelHorse

Bronco Guru
Out of the 800 or so cars, we were the only two classic Broncos representing. There was a really nice '78, which had a full frame off resto, but no other EB's at the show. They certainly had their fare share of attention with a stock and modified example parked next to one another.