• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clear Tcase Cover Got tired of waiting.

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
I sell bullet resistant glass and there are many types out there.
I think the type you are using is one piece like plexiglass but is solid poly. This stuff can be cut with a regular table saw and can be drilled with no problems. Your $33 isn't a bad price for the product, labor and shipping.
Nice job!
Here's the manufacturers I represent for another reference...

http://www.sierracin.com/transtech.html
http://www.sullyna.com/

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
B1 said:
that is just plain SICK! way cool dude. keep up the inventing and fabbin
Thanks i think?

Yes the old mind does not quit. I hope to put some effort into the gear gawker for the 9" but the little woman wants to go wheeling and the bronco is up on stands for rear discs. work work work!! never ending!!
TOFIC

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
Hey Don, just wanted to let you know I got my GG yesterday.
IT fits great!!!!
This one looks much better than the prototype.
Must be that whole practice makes perfect thing.......
I just wanted to post up here to comment on your customer service.
I had a few problems with the fit of my NP 435 cover and Don sent me a new and improved model at NO cost to me and it was hassle free.
Just wanted to give a few kudos for coupling a great product with great CS, that is a lost art it seems!
Chris in WV

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
HotWheels said:
yeah...please do tell... ?:?

well when he says 15 ft/lb's and the corners are the weka points, it ain't a lie...

got it fitted up, sealer on, finger tightened all the bolts.
started going from bottom to top slanted (like a manifold) and side to side.
each is getting about a full turn, or til i feel at least some resistance...
about half way down (so 3/4's of the bolts done) i hear some *ticks* so i stop and back the bolt and the one before it a half turn.
get to the bottom and it's good.
so just to make sure they are all in good (since i backed those out) and the load is evenly distributed i take the wrench part off my socket and kinda start hand testing them.
i get to the top testing....*POW* bottom right blows out. :-[ :-[

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
went outside and snapped a few pics of it.
it broke on the bottom right corner.
that was the first bolt i tightened ?:?
but it broke right across the edge of the washer
it broke @ about a 45 degree angle from the top (washer) to the bottom (against t-case).

Attachments

• S4300007.JPG
    S4300007.JPG
    155.1 KB · Views: 38
  • S4300008.JPG
    S4300008.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 20
  • S4300009.JPG
    S4300009.JPG
    97.1 KB · Views: 17
  • S4300010.JPG
    S4300010.JPG
    149.9 KB · Views: 32

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
I had the exact same thing happen. Scared me and didn't want it to break if I hit a rock or something so I gave up and went back to the metal.

JaxLax

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Jacksonville, FL
Yellow75 said:
I had the exact same thing happen. Scared me and didn't want it to break if I hit a rock or something so I gave up and went back to the metal.

this is a stocker DD.
so tightening the bolts was about as hardcore as it's gonna get %) ;D

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
GEAR Gawkers breaking

FIRST off all gear gawkers are waranteed for life for free!! NO ARGUMENTS on my part. You break it I replace it. After the 3rd one I start to wonder though.

JAXLAX, I did some digging, yours was one of the "tight" covers. Your new one is FREE even the shipping. Send some pictures and an address.

Yellow75 I am distressed you think this. The cover by itself is weak (hence the warnings) the cover on the transfer case is virtually bullet proof. If will break yes, but You have other problems when the cover breaks, (like shattered gears cause the breaking.) I have had these covers put one a Tcase and beat on with a 16 lb hammer installed correctly it will not break. Heat is not an issue as we have tested the GG to 900 degrees and it did not fail. Please try it I am sure you will love it.

MadGyver:: Did you get all the packages?? Mad got a matched set of GG's for his Fire bronco and his doubler packages!! How about some pictures Mad??
Bohnter28 Talk to Chuck at BCBroncos. He is my US Dealer and will be pleased to sell you one at the SAME price as me. The warantee is the same also. I do not care if you buy it from Chuck or me, LIFETIME is lifetime.

HOTWHEELS and JEEPSTER
Just to show you guys I have utmost confidence in my product I will sell you guys a cover for a very special price but you have to post a picture and a honest appraisal of the product. If you have one, I will give you a great deal on a little gear gawker for your 4 speed manual transmission or 203 205 transfer case. Send me an email if your interested.

As to the rest of you guys that supported us in this MANY THANKS
Thanks for the kind words Chris They are greatly appreciated.

TOFIC

OP
OP
TOFIC

TOFIC

Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
GEAR Gawker problem

I spoke with JAXLAX regarding his and his new one is going to him no charge!!
This is a no shit warantee, guys, you break it like Jaxlax I will send you a new one. NO CHARGE
Although his is not in the problem Tcase area I am sure he will love his new one.

They have 'evolved' like ChrisinWV says. The sealing edge is larger, the washer inserts are bigger, the mount holes are bigger and the inset is relieved a bit more to fit the "tight" Tcases. The cover is stronger than the original as the glass is thicker slightly. the supplier went from half inch glass to 13mm. This gives us a slightly thicker cover.

I reviewed the pictures of the cover, although this looks ugly if this cover had snapped on the trail it would not have leaked there was enough sealing area left on the cover to hold it.

TOFIC

Last edited:

stlkikn

I, for one, am very pleased with my Gear Gawker.. even tested it a little when it was being installed.
Thanks TOFIC...

Attachments

• nv 3550 gear gawker.jpg
    nv 3550 gear gawker.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 70

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
TOFIC said:
HOTWHEELS and JEEPSTER
Just to show you guys I have utmost confidence in my product I will sell you guys a cover for a very special price but you have to post a picture and a honest appraisal of the product. If you have one, I will give you a great deal on a little gear gawker for your 4 speed manual transmission or 203 205 transfer case. Send me an email if your interested.

As to the rest of you guys that supported us in this MANY THANKS
Thanks for the kind words Chris They are greatly appreciated.

TOFIC

Old Fart, There wasnt any doubt about your product or your commentment to your product. In fact I applaud you in offering a unigue product. I was just courious as to what happened or what it would take to break one. ;) .

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
stlkikn said:
I, for one, am very pleased with my Gear Gawker.. even tested it a little when it was being installed.
Thanks TOFIC...

Getting ready to put mine on, what bolts are these!!!!!! The allen heads look sssaaaaawwweeeeeeeeeeeetttt!!!! Please tell!!!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
Hey my Canadian bruddah (that's u TOFIC).

I LOVE my gear gawker. I was just curious as to how Jax broke his. I will NEVER go back to steel. This is a great item I would recommend to anyone that wants the bext for their rig. Makes sense...I can check the condition of my fluid everytime I change my oil.

Mahalo,
Mick

Yellow75

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Sioux Falls, SD
TOFIC said:
Yellow75 I am distressed you think this. The cover by itself is weak (hence the warnings) the cover on the transfer case is virtually bullet proof. If will break yes, but You have other problems when the cover breaks, (like shattered gears cause the breaking.) I have had these covers put one a Tcase and beat on with a 16 lb hammer installed correctly it will not break. Heat is not an issue as we have tested the GG to 900 degrees and it did not fail. Please try it I am sure you will love it.
TOFIC

I can't that's the problem, it broke like JaxLax's did.