• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Clutch Fork Pivot Bracket Missing From Bellhousing

ILikeBond

I converted from 6cyl to V8, so had to find parts. I got a bellhousing from Craigslist from a Bronco guy a couple months ago, but didn't realize until right now, as I'm trying to put clutch linkage together, that for some reason it looks like at some point someone removed the pivot bracket by shearing the rivets.

IMAG4454.jpg IMAG4456.jpg IMAG4457.jpg IMAG4459.jpg

I see that I can get a new bracket aftermarket (here for example), but how am I going to remove the existing rivets (drill them out, I suppose?), and more importantly, how do I secure the replacement pivot bracket? Do these need to be welded? Should I just use bolts instead?

16938_60_l_n.jpg

Are there any alternative solutions? Maybe someone took the bracket off for a reason that I can also take advantage of?

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
to use that bracket you need a "bail wire" style fork, so be sure you find one of those.
the style with the spring clip are more common and still available from places like rockauto.

you could tap the bell housing or bolt in with some countersunk bolts from the backside

OP
OP
ILikeBond

ILikeBond

Thanks, Nick. I was aware of the two different styles (just from researching this before posting). I haven't found an aftermarket bracket for the spring clip style yet, but either way looks like I have the same issue.

NicksTrix

Bronco Guru
might just need to find another bell housing if you don't have a proper arm with that wire spring on hand.
what did your 6 cyl bell have? I'd think you can use that piece and bolt it in.

or say screw it and put a internal slave hyd release in. that is when I've taken that part out in the past

OP
OP
ILikeBond

ILikeBond

I think the clutch fork from the 6cyl is different than the V8, but if I can use it, it looks like it was the wire type. I did find a photo of the 6cyl bellhousing when I removed it, but 2 years later, I can't even remember what I did with it, and don't see it in my boneyard, so who knows...

The internal hydraulic slave is an interesting idea, but I've heard some mixed things about wear and potential problems. Is there some specific equipment you've used and like in this regard, Nick?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_2902.jpg
    IMG_2902.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 27