• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coco's Mods: Recessed fuel cap & filler neck, P. 14

methcat

Loc.
long beach
I had an old ratty set of Beards that I picked up second-hand from a friend, and got many good years out of them....

Fyi if you want to do some thing with the old ones, I think if you call the guys at beard, they'll still make you new covers even for old styles. A few years ago they made me a set pretty cheap and even hand delivered ( I met him at a gas station in socal)

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Fyi if you want to do some thing with the old ones, I think if you call the guys at beard, they'll still make you new covers even for old styles. A few years ago they made me a set pretty cheap and even hand delivered ( I met him at a gas station in socal)

Thanks methcat but I'm giving them to my nephew. He can worry about them LOL...

methcat

Loc.
long beach
cool, pass him the info, it was a pretty good deal.

was a while ago, but i went through Tim Sousamian <info@redart.com>

Tram

Bronco Guru
I just realized the title of this thread keeps changing.. That's a pretty good idea.. LOL..

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice job on the seat mounts! I wanted to mount to my cage as well but it raised them too high off the floor for my liking. Good job on yours! I like the seat belt bungs you installed. May have to order a bunch of them for my mounts! ;D

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
I just realized the title of this thread keeps changing.. That's a pretty good idea.. LOL..

Yeah I can't take credit for it though, I saw a couple other guys on here doing it that way and copied them. I like that it keeps it all in one place rather than spamming the forum with a new thread for every little thing I post about this Bronco. ;D

Tram

Bronco Guru
Yeah I can't take credit for it though, I saw a couple other guys on here doing it that way and copied them. I like that it keeps it all in one place rather than spamming the forum with a new thread for every little thing I post about this Bronco. ;D

I'm a guilty spammer, but I've been trying to follow your method here lately.. ;)

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
So after I built the seat mounts into the cage structure, next thing I needed to do was a center console to mount my Winters shifter. While you're at it, may as well add some cup holders right? Also, I wanted the console to be a separate piece that was removable, since its already a bitch getting to the seat mount bolts. It would be almost impossible with the console in there. Anyhow here's how it turned out:

For anyone curious how I made it, here are some WIP photos. Started by measuring out, cutting and drilling the top plate. I wanted it to also be removable from the console frame.

The cup holders are 3-1/2" exhaust tubing. Used the hole saw rems for the bottoms. I wish I could have made them a little deeper but the cable assembly for the shifter is in the way.

The cup holders are about the right size for a standard soda can with one of those stiff foam coozies. The thinner neoprene coozies rattle around in there a little.

A cold barleypop or two always helps.

Test fitting the shifter and soda can.

Here you see what I mean about the depth of the cup holders. That's all I could get.

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Making weld-nuts so the top plate will be removable from the frame.

'tis the season...

Starting to work on the tube frame for the console. I wanted it to match the cage so the front and rear short tubes are 1-3/4 like the cage structure, with 1" tubes on the long sides.

Good thing I'm grinding these ugly things down LOL...

Top part of frame and top plate done.

I remember when you had to actually be in the 805 to buy this...

OP
OP
Dusty

Dusty

Bronco Guru
Starting on the legs and tube clamps. The cage's seat tubes are 1-3/4" DOM, so short pieces of 2" X .120 DOM fit over it like a glove.

Leaned the legs forward slightly to move the shifter as far forward as I could without interfering with the T-case (J) shifter.

All done!

Time to install. Held on with hose clamps.

rcmbronc

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tomah WI
I like it. Looks good. I have a shifter to mount and this helps. I dont want to floor mount it and wanted to cage mount it. This helps give me some ideas.