• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cole Hersee is the man- 75600-01

hose101

Contributor
Not unlike many here, I have been putting my 73 bronco back together for the last 13 years or so. Got me a new wiring harness (centech) and new dual wiper motors to ditch the old ugly linkage. Was all set to install and that is where this saga begins.

First off I have no complaints about the centech harness probably on par with most of the others, it was pretty easy to install even for a simple minded guy like myself. Dual wipers motors seemed pretty basic but then came along possible use of diodes, dynamic park , non dynamic park etc etc.( thread reading can be very confusing sometimes) So a little more research some more beer a little more research and voila i think i figured it out. So here goes.

Centech harness is only set up for a single motor (ford specifically). Centech switch is 2 speed no synchro, new dual wiper motors switch is a 2 speed w/washer no synchro. Neither are what i wanted.

Plenty of talk about some guy named Cole Hersee and his switches so i go a searching. Cole Hersee has a butt ton of switches but i chose the 75600-01 bx. It is for dual motors, either dynamic park or non dynamic park, two speed with intermittent settings, washer power and synchronized(so far). All this plus it accepts the factory knob( might need some tuning) and fits in the stock location keeping that old school look. Shoots im in. Oh by the way its about $100 from your favorite site, store etc.

Sooo back to the centech harness to see what can be done. It comes with these wires, washer, low speed, high speed, park, ground, red wire labeled return wire( constant hot to the motors).

Since the new dual motors dont require a separate constant hot i repurposed the red return wire to be the second motor, park circuit wire.

Next i pulled two new wires to be the low and high speed wires on motor two.

Using the tech sheet ( should be attached) from littlefuse or whatever cole hersee is called now, i connected the harness wires to the switch plugs, function for function. Pretty easy and straight forward. I added a ground from my dash to the switch plug.

So now i had what i needed

2 park
2 low speed
2 high speed
Washer
Power
Ground to the plug from your favorite grounding connection on in or around the dash(and the centech ground for my motors)

Now onto the motors. These too were pretty straight forward. Centech’s provided wires connected to the first motor. These include high, low and park. The red return (repurposed for park#2) plus the two wires I pulled, connected to the second motor. All this was now inline with the dual motor instructions, awesome. Yeah i said that. I then finished the job by using the provided centech ground wire to ground the two motors. I guess if your windshield frame is grounded to the body you could just connect the ground wires to the mounting screw and be good. My windshield frame needed to be grounded so it worked for me.

Searched for a 10amp fuse, which of course i had taken out of the new fuse box to “protect” the circuit and lost. Quick run to the store and whammo everything works as planned. Im no DC electric guy but tons of reading , few phone calls to centech, and a few friends i was able to wire this up and have it work on the first try. Pretty impressed with myself if you didnt notice.

Hope this made some sense and may help someone else in the same situation.

www.littelfuse.com/~/media/commerci...hes-electronic-windshield-wiper-2d-prints.pdf[/

Attachments

• colehersee75600-01.jpg
    colehersee75600-01.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 159
  • cole hersee 75600-01 image.jpg
    cole hersee 75600-01 image.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

markw

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Great write up! Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jamesroney

Contributor
Loc.
Fremont, CA
You do know that Cole Hersee is not a person...right?
The Henry Cole company was merged with the FC Hersee company in 1941.

Attachments

• 763634AE-7CDC-4D76-8875-9551E9DC5801.jpg
    763634AE-7CDC-4D76-8875-9551E9DC5801.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 34
OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
guess all my comic relief efforts in the post went un-noticed. Yes I'm aware it's not a person....thank you🙄

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
not only did I get a chance to share my experience with a mod and install, i received a history lesson...I love this site.

omureebe

Not unlike many here, I have been putting my 73 bronco back together for the last 13 years or so. Got me a new wiring harness (centech) and new dual wiper motors to ditch the old ugly linkage. Was all set to install and that is where this saga begins.

First off I have no complaints about the centech harness probably on par with most of the others, it was pretty easy to install even for a simple minded guy like myself. Dual wipers motors seemed pretty basic but then came along possible use of diodes, dynamic park , non dynamic park etc etc.( thread reading can be very confusing sometimes) So a little more research some more beer a little more research and voila i think i figured it out. So here goes.

Centech harness is only set up for a single motor (ford specifically). Centech switch is 2 speed no synchro, new dual wiper motors switch is a 2 speed w/washer no synchro. Neither are what i wanted.

Plenty of talk about some guy named Cole Hersee and his switches so i go a searching. Cole Hersee has a butt ton of switches but i chose the 75600-01 bx. It is for dual motors, either dynamic park or non dynamic park, two speed with intermittent settings, washer power and synchronized(so far). All this plus it accepts the factory knob( might need some tuning) and fits in the stock location keeping that old school look. Shoots im in. Oh by the way its about $100 from your favorite site, store etc.

Sooo back to the centech harness to see what can be done. It comes with these wires, washer, low speed, high speed, park, ground, red wire labeled return wire( constant hot to the motors).

Since the new dual motors dont require a separate constant hot i repurposed the red return wire to be the second motor, park circuit wire.

Next i pulled two new wires to be the low and high speed wires on motor two.

Using the tech sheet ( should be attached) from littlefuse or whatever cole hersee is called now, i connected the harness wires to the switch plugs, function for function. Pretty easy and straight forward. I added a ground from my dash to the switch plug.

So now i had what i needed

2 park
2 low speed
2 high speed
Washer
Power
Ground to the plug from your favorite grounding connection on in or around the dash(and the centech ground for my motors)

Now onto the motors. These too were pretty straight forward. Centech’s provided wires connected to the first motor. These include high, low and park. The red return (repurposed for park#2) plus the two wires I pulled, connected to the second motor. All this was now inline with the dual motor instructions, awesome. Yeah i said that. I then finished the job by using the provided centech ground wire to ground the two motors. I guess if your windshield frame is grounded to the body you could just connect the ground wires to the mounting screw and be good. My windshield frame needed to be grounded so it worked for me.

Searched for a 10amp fuse, which of course i had taken out of the new fuse box to “protect” the circuit and lost. Quick run to the store and whammo everything works as planned. Im no DC electric guy but tons of reading , few phone calls to centech, and a few friends i was able to wire this up and have it work on the first try. Pretty impressed with myself if you didnt notice.

Hope this made some sense and may help someone else in the same situation.

www.littelfuse.com/~/media/commerci...hes-electronic-windshield-wiper-2d-prints.pdf[/

I put that switch in my 67 and reused the knob from the original switch so it looks factory. That's the other nice thing about the switch, besides the synchronization.

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
I put that switch in my 67 and reused the knob from the original switch so it looks factory. That's the other nice thing about the switch, besides the synchronization.

yup, it should come with the dual motors when you buy them

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I have dual motors somewhere in my stash from a parts buy. It looked like it was installed to remove a vacuum wiper set. Now to go look for it..

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Bill,
Do you have a schematic of the motors that you can post?
I found a pair of motors in my parts bin in need the identify its leads.

OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
Bill,

this is what came with the motors

Attachments

• dual motors.JPG
    dual motors.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 55

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Bill,

I created this simple diagram when I did this. It works great

Attachments

• Wiper switch.jpg
    Wiper switch.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 63
OP
OP
hose101

hose101

Contributor
yup pretty much what I did. centech harness would be alot better if it included 2 extra wires for the 2nd motor. Can always repurpose the return hot from the harness as a park wire.

DrDanWWW

Well, I feel pretty dumb after reading this. I didn't know about a switch with separate contacts for two wiper motors. For the Centech wiper wires and switch, I just spliced both motors together. Now I wonder what problems this may cause. AND - I have Centech's "left over" black Park Return wire - I don't know what to do with it. Something tells me the relay isn't going to open some Park gate. I mean, the wipers work. Input welcome. Specifically, what do I do with the extra black Park wire?

Jdgephar

Bronco Guru
Well, I feel pretty dumb after reading this. I didn't know about a switch with separate contacts for two wiper motors. For the Centech wiper wires and switch, I just spliced both motors together. Now I wonder what problems this may cause. AND - I have Centech's "left over" black Park Return wire - I don't know what to do with it. Something tells me the relay isn't going to open some Park gate. I mean, the wipers work. Input welcome. Specifically, what do I do with the extra black Park wire?
You can splice the high speed together to both motors, and the park 12v together to both motors. The issue will be the low speed. If one motor isn't parked, it connects 12v to the low speed for itself. However, since you have the other motor spliced to the low speed wire, it will now also run, and then try to park itself. You end up with a potentially endless loop of each motor trying to park when you turn off the wipers.

You can fix this by either using the two motor switch, or add a diode on the low speed wire so each motor can't try to run the other when parking.

322562ae1ab0c3f596a18448390d04c4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
But you’re saying they work fine? Personally, if they work fine and everything functions as expected, with low speed, high speed and they both park when expected, I wouldn’t necessarily wanna mess with a good thing.