• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Color for 1974 bronco

lilbroncoguy

My dad and I are still trying to find a color to paint our 1974 bronco. Any ideas or suggestions?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
My dad and I are still trying to find a color to paint our 1974 bronco. Any ideas or suggestions?

Look through the gallery and find a color you like. Are you looking for a stock 74 color? Or just a cool color? Personaly I like dark blue, burnt orange or Legend Lime.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Wanna go back to original, flashy, modest..? What's your preferences..?

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
I would say some type of green - Legend Lime Green, Sage Green, etc. The Bronco Ranch has a green on the front page to die for.

RT

Bronco Guru
I aways think of the factory Copper color for a 74 , like the first Bronco I had .
I've seen a few 74's in some sort of copper , ah memories ;D

This is the best pic I have of my '74 back in '78

Attachments

• 74 at Harrisson.jpg
    74 at Harrisson.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 29

70 sport WA

Contributor
I agree, I really like that factory copper color. Seen a few up close, even the ones with older and faded paint, and they look nice. I've got something like it on my 79 F350, but it's called ginger something.

My only suggestion would be to think long and hard about how it will look when it gets some dirt/dust on it. Unless you wash your vehicles on a regular basis, it doesn't take long for darker colored vehicles to get ugly fast. The difference between my 75 F250 with midnight blue metallic and my 70 Bronco with light gray paint is huge after a week--Bronco can go weeks without a wash and still looks clean, but the darker truck shows dirt in a matter of days.

Dan

Attachments

• gravel.jpg
    gravel.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 32
OP
OP
L

lilbroncoguy

Thanks for all the suggestions. I would like to paint it some color of green, but I like the copper and a type of blue just as much.

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Calipso Pearl!!! (Ford's version of orange). Love orange broncos.