• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coming soon: New IronBender 4-link kit - Installed Pics on page 4!!

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Trevor, you're going to have to wait ill after SOB so I can maintain my upper hand :)

Jack

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
You know Jack, my rig is always up for new parts to try out, feel free to use me as a guinea pig. :-X :cool: ;D

Attachments

• 70stretch.jpg
    70stretch.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 192

lars

Contributor
Been here awhile
Loc.
NorCal flatlands
Nice. I wanna see installed pics. Jack, I see you are logged in as I type this. Bad. You are supposed to be in the garage, working :cool:

kntr

Bronco Guru
The front shocks and rear bumps showed up today.

Now, I need the coilovers and rear 4 link.

We are still looking for a front coil SPONSOR if anyone knows one? :)
Special thanks to AA-Fab for the great service.

DSC00397.jpg

DSC00398.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

That is going to make such an amazing difference right there... You'll wonder how you were ever able to land w/o them!

Jack

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
That is going to make such an amazing difference right there... You'll wonder how you were ever able to land w/o them!

Jack

No doubt...A single ride in my friends EB with King's is what made me totally rethink my build-up.

kntr

Bronco Guru
How is the hell am I going to tune this thing. No Directions!!

I understand rebound and compression, but why is there two compression adjusters?

Are these air or nitrogen? It says 150 psi on the ends. Can we play with pressure too. Any info here?

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Nitrogen, always nitrogen. Doesn't expand/contract w/ heat and altitude.

Go to race-desert, they can guide you there. The two compression tubes are for different parts of the shock travel.

Jack

kntr

Bronco Guru
King has nothing on their website either.

Ive tuned the shock on my bike and its about the same idea. Ill figure it out.

Is this the website you are talking about?
http://www.race-dezert.com/

Ill figure it out once I know which compression adjustment does what.

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Ironbender - that looks bad ass........can't wait to hear about the reviews. Please keep us posted on your progress. I love the exposed welds, personally I would try to keep them!

Dale

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
IronBender - Did you at one point have a Poly Performance set-up? I called Poly asking about their rear link set-up and they told me that it was on the orange bronco on the cover of FourWheeler. Just curious and if so, did you like it - pros and cons compared to your new set-up?

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

He's talking about the Static-X Bronco but I don't think that's Orange, I think it's Blue. But no, never had the Poly setup.

Their setup seems to be a solid design and should work well. Only advantage of their kit is it will be less expensive, but you don't get as much either.

Advantages of ours...
1. It's complete - comes with shock hoops and mounting for coilovers. I has a mount for the upper links (you have to build something w/ their kit). It will also have a bump stop option (nitrogen) and a sway bar option that is adjustable.

2. You can use coilovers w/o having them come up through the tub.

3. It's adjustable (upper link adjusts for different Bronco's/lifts/terrain)

Jack

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
He's talking about the Static-X Bronco but I don't think that's Orange, I think it's Blue. But no, never had the Poly setup.

Their setup seems to be a solid design and should work well. Only advantage of their kit is it will be less expensive, but you don't get as much either.

Advantages of ours...
1. It's complete - comes with shock hoops and mounting for coilovers. I has a mount for the upper links (you have to build something w/ their kit). It will also have a bump stop option (nitrogen) and a sway bar option that is adjustable.

2. You can use coilovers w/o having them come up through the tub.

3. It's adjustable (upper link adjusts for different Bronco's/lifts/terrain)

Jack

Good Info - Looks like I'll be waiting on the finished product and price difference before making up my mind.

marjama

Contributor
How is the hell am I going to tune this thing. No Directions!!

I understand rebound and compression, but why is there two compression adjusters?

Are these air or nitrogen? It says 150 psi on the ends. Can we play with pressure too. Any info here?

Wait, wait, wait...you bought a set of bypass shocks and you aren't sure how to tune 'em yet? Well, don't worry...we can straighten you out! The whole point of a bypass shock is to have position sensitive damping. The external tubes on a bypass shock allow fluid to flow around (bypass) the main piston. There's a one way valve in there that only allows fluid to flow one direction, and the amount of resistance to flow is adjustable on each tube. The multiple tubes set up different zones...lots of bypass in some zones, typically going to none at full compression (so all fluid flows through the piston). Hopefully that makes sense...

Nitrogen gas - and no, it's not a tuning feature. The only time you tune with air is in an air shock...

Sorry for the threadjack!

kntr

Bronco Guru
Wait, wait, wait...you bought a set of bypass shocks and you aren't sure how to tune 'em yet? Well, don't worry...we can straighten you out! The whole point of a bypass shock is to have position sensitive damping. The external tubes on a bypass shock allow fluid to flow around (bypass) the main piston. There's a one way valve in there that only allows fluid to flow one direction, and the amount of resistance to flow is adjustable on each tube. The multiple tubes set up different zones...lots of bypass in some zones, typically going to none at full compression (so all fluid flows through the piston). Hopefully that makes sense...

Nitrogen gas - and no, it's not a tuning feature. The only time you tune with air is in an air shock...

Sorry for the threadjack!

I understand this completly.
I see there are two compression adjusters on each shock. It doesnt say which adjustor is for which compression....

We got the kit by the way, JACK.
It looks killer. Pics and install starts soon. Coilovers still havent arrived yet.