• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coming soon: New IronBender 4-link kit - Installed Pics on page 4!!

u10072

Bronco Guru
Exhaust Suggestion

Jack,
Hey may I make a suggestion about the exhaust on this truck. Like many race trucks out there with a 4 link front or rear, quite a few have a fenderwell exhaust configuration. Personally I have this on my truck and it makes it super easy for any drivetrain work including pulling the t-case or tranny and won't interfer at all with your links or suspension pieces. Just a thought if you hadn't already.

Matt Lane

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Hey Matt, I've seen that on several race trucks too, seems to work well. This isn't my truck though, just a couple of nut jobs that like to go fast and agreed to test my suspension :)

Simpson

Loc.
Montana
Well put, Jack!
Had another late night last night, should have more pics today.
I'm hoping to have it on the ground Monday.

I going to talk to Kanter, but I'm thinkin' stacks!!!!!!!

kntr

Bronco Guru
SIMPSON,

Flip the headers and have em come out the hood!!! Wohhh

kntr

Bronco Guru
Almost drivable. Test date on Sat. Race day on Sun.....

Attachments

• 34.jpg
    34.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 679
OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Almost drivable. Test date on Sat. Race day on Sun.....

Nothing like cutting it close!

If you can get it out and do a hot lap/jump ahead of time that would be great. I'm worried about spring rates and having time to get springs to you guys if they're too soft/hard.

Jack

Simpson

Loc.
Montana
We are passed too late. The springs will work for this first race. It is a small arena style venue. The rest of our events will be bigger .75-2 miles corses.
But you are right, I think its time to wake the neighbors!

kntr

Bronco Guru
Well, here it is. 33" tires and they rub. :) There is so much flex in the rear. The bronco would have crawled lots further but it hit the trailer.

WE NEED A BETTER RAMP :)

Attachments

• 39.jpg
    39.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 376
  • 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 425
  • 44.jpg
    44.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 250
  • 45.jpg
    45.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 380

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Well, here it is. 33" tires and they rub. :) There is so much flex in the rear. The bronco would have crawled lots further but it hit the trailer.

WE NEED A BETTER RAMP :)
OK, Now I'm really waiting..... It looks peeerfect for a trail rig!!!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That looks great! It sure would go nice on my buggy project, depending on the cost. Good work!

kntr

Bronco Guru
It handles very well also. We were thinking we would need swaybars but so far I dont think we need em.

Attachments

• 43.jpg
    43.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 109

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
kanter/Jack

Question. Did you stretch the wheelbase? I guess I'm a little confused on where to install the mounts/links if you want to move your axle back? I'm still not clear about 4 link geometry. I'm assuming that you just weld the brackets to where you want your wheelbase. Since you don't adjust the bars themselves or do you?

Eugene

kntr

Bronco Guru
We did not stretch the wheelbase. We wanted to stay in the short wheelbase class. I will let SIMPSON or Jack explain in better detail.

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

you'll be able to adjust the location of the frame brackets to adjust wheelbase. Of course the rear cross member, fuel tank, etc. come into play. The hoop offered in the kit will be specific to one spot on the frame and the wheelwell cover will be specific to one part of that as well. So you'd have to do some work to get it to work more than an inch or so.

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Hey Kanter/Simpson, you guys still thinking of doing a suspension cam and such for the race?? That would be awesome.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
you'll be able to adjust the location of the frame brackets to adjust wheelbase. Of course the rear cross member, fuel tank, etc. come into play. The hoop offered in the kit will be specific to one spot on the frame and the wheelwell cover will be specific to one part of that as well. So you'd have to do some work to get it to work more than an inch or so.

Ok. I didn't know rear shock mount came w/ it. So if I understand this right, when I know what wheel base I want. Then I can weld the brackets on frame/axle, take care of the crossmember/tank, connected all the links, deal w/ the rear shock mount and I'm ready to go?

Eugene

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Ok. I didn't know rear shock mount came w/ it. So if I understand this right, when I know what wheel base I want. Then I can weld the brackets on frame/axle, take care of the crossmember/tank, connected all the links, deal w/ the rear shock mount and I'm ready to go?

Eugene

We're going to have several versions. Just the links and brackets or you can add coil spring mounts, coilover/shock mounts, bumps and swaybars, etc.

As far as what it would take to extend the wheelbase, that's the bulk of it yeah. You'll have fenderwell things to deal with as well, brake lines, breather tubes, etc. but you know about that stuff.

Jack

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sweet.... Thank you for answering all my questions. I hope you'll have the kit out soon.

Eugene

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
Sweet.... Thank you for answering all my questions. I hope you'll have the kit out soon.
Eugene

Sure would be nice to have and test out in Pismo here is 2 weeks.
Jack you should head on down.;)