• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Coming soon: New IronBender 4-link kit - Installed Pics on page 4!!

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Glad you like it man. Adam is beating up King for you, doing all he can. Call King's customer service number, they'll be able to help you w/ tuning as well as giving you some tips and tricks...

Can't wait to see the pics!

Jack

scsm76

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Shaver Lake, CA
Try turning the adjustment all the way in one direction and push and pull on the shock then turn the same one all the way in the other direction and try again. You should be able to feel a difference either in compression dampening or rebound (extension) dampening.

Last edited:

kntr

Bronco Guru
A little taste. Ill post more pics when I get time.

Attachments

• fenders_042[1].JPG
    fenders_042[1].JPG
    252.3 KB · Views: 614
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 556
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 703

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Might be an optical illusion but it looks like your pinion angle climbed a little in the third picture.

kntr

Bronco Guru
The pic is at full compression, actually overly compressed, with no coilovers on yet.

Madgyver

Contributor
Bronco Madman
Looking good.... What size coilovers are you planning to use?

kntr

Bronco Guru
2.5" coilovers in the rear since the bronco is somewhat light and 3way bypass shocks in the front.

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Looks really good Kanter! Looking forward to seeing the coilovers mounted up and it sitting on it's own weight. If you could take a pic of the rear jacked up to show full droop that would be great as well :)

Jack

Simpson

Loc.
Montana
I had it at full droop tonight but didn't have the camera. Will try tomorrow. I do have a pic of the axle without the coil overs or wheels that shows the axle with all four arms installed and the axle sitting at nearly 45 degree angle to the frame. I also have a picture of my forhead after one of the upper control arms fell on it. will post some tomorrow.
Bronco hit the ground tonight. coil overs and king bumps mounted.

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Looking forward to seeing the pics. Better the upper than one of those lowers!!!

Jack

kntr

Bronco Guru
A few more.

Simpson will post more tonight... hopefully.

Coilovers are not installed yet.

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 964
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 551
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 800
Last edited:

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Jack, I love the shifter...guess this should be no different!

Kanter, looking good...now I know what I want.Chuck

kntr

Bronco Guru
Almost there

Attachments

• 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 1,074
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 929
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 784
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 1,155
OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

Looks fan-freaking-tastic guys. Looking forward to seeing that thing catch some air!!!

Jack

kntr

Bronco Guru
More pics on the way.... King 3way bypass shocks and Bilstein bumps on the front.

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been looking at the pictures of the lower link mount on the axle and the kit on page1. Am I seeing this right? It looks like it's a flat steel plate with mount tabs/bracket that sits on top of the axle tube. Why is that designed like that? To give the mount more strength?

Eugene

OP
OP
IronBenderII

IronBenderII

that is correct. Here are the reasons for that design:

1. It doubles as a gusset for the lower control arm mounting tabs
2. It proves a flat plate for the hydro bumps to hit (and reinforces that area where your vehicle will bottom out)
3. It proves a huge welding surface, making the bracket very strong and reduce the possibility of the tabs ripping off of the axle housing when you're out having fun.

It's also wide because you can adjust the upper links to change the pinion angle. The wider pad will make sure you have enough room for the bumps to still hit solidly.

Jack

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice. Thanks Jack for the info. Looking forward to the release date.

Eugene