• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Mass buy on Terra Low gears

Infinity

Hi, everyone there is a mass buy going on right now on Tera Low gear sets for the Dana 20 transfercase. Sam over at Mepco4X4.com is beating every price in town and selling the gear set for $570 for a 10 quantity buy in! That's like 10% above cost! Shipping is dirt cheap at $15 to anywhere in the USA. If you want in just call Sam at 1-801-266-3726 ext 348 and he will get you set up. We only need 9 people to reach our goal!
Get in and get LOW! gears that is!

MEPCO4X4.com

highrlr

Loc.
Bismarck, ND
How long will this mass buy be on for? or is it over once you get the 9 people? I want a set but Im pretty tapped out as far as funds ar concerned for at least a month or so :'(

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Just ordered my set. He's a great guy to work with but tough to get in touch with. He suggested leaving a msg that its about the Bronco buy in and he'll be sure to call you back. Confirmed the price at $570 with a minimum of 10 buys. No real deadline but was thinking 4-6 weeks max.

I've seen info that says you need a 6 spline output shaft to work with the Tera Lows. Asked about it and he says all Bronco Dana 20's are 6 spline. Hope mine is.

Background info:
This low-range gear kit for the Bronco Dana 20 converts the stock 2.46:1 to 3.15:1. It does not affect your high range gearing at all but does replace all the gears in your t-case. If your's is hard to shift etc. now is the time to get in on this deal!

PaulC

So I can order this @ $570 now? or is there a waiting period until there are the 10 or more other purchasers?

if I can order now what is the ETA on delivery?

(I'm asking cuz y'all said he's hard to get ahold of) Thx! -Paul.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
rob wilson said:
I've seen info that says you need a 6 spline output shaft to work with the Tera Lows. Asked about it and he says all Bronco Dana 20's are 6 spline. Hope mine is.

It is.

Jeff in AZ

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
PaulC

We need 10 folks to order them to get them at that price. 15 will knock off another $5. Sounds like he either has them in stock or will direct ship from the manufacturer.

Hope others that order will post here so we can keep track of where we are with it.

OP
OP
I

Infinity

Hi fellow Bronco Owners, Merry Christmas and soon to be a happy new year!!!
I contacted Sam from Mepco 4x4 this morning and the mass buy is still in effect and the new year is geared to be a good one! We only have till the end of January so I urge everyone that is interested to call Sam and get on the list, and then post it here so we can see the progress toward our goal of ten buy in's. $570 sure beats the $800 to buy individually, plus $570 leaves spending room for twin sticks!!!
Don't miss out!
Sam @ MEPCO 4x4
1-801-266-3726, ext 348

Howdy

Loc.
Folsom, Ca
I was going to a couple months ago, but have since decided to put that $600 towards a doubler or Klune to get more options and bang for my buck

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Last I spoke with him, sounded like he would hold the sale till the end of this month. Hope we get a few more folks to participate. Great price!

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I might be interested. I just sold one of my '66s :'( so I have some extra $$ (if I can get the $$ back from the wife). I have a friend who has a Dana 20 from a Scout II. He's drivin a Scout half cab (a little sick mentally %) ), but he's tryin' to keep up with my Bronco ;D . I assume they're still the same as the Bronco Dana 20. Correct me if I'm wrong. He was talking about doin' a terra low. That would be two more (with me).

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
I called Sam and told him about the possiblity of two of my friends (Scout II owners) with Dana 20 t-cases. He told me that if we could only get five total the price would go up to $610 for us Bronco people and $675 for the Boy Scouts (bs)(LOL). Plus the $15 shipping. The bs's are normally $1018 but he sells them for $918. If anyone knows other bs'rs that would go in on this deal the price could come back down some.
Another thing to consider is the fact that the weak link of the Dana 20 is the out put shaft (ops). We'd need to get this also. "I" believe the hotter 3.15 ratio would eat the oem o.p.s before long and we'd be in worse shape.
Any thoughts on this???

cracker

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pueblo, Colorado
What is the tally?? How many confirmed buyers are there?? Did we get enough buyers for the "good" discount or enough only for the $610 discount??

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
I'll try to give Sam a call tomorrow and check on the status. Hope we've got enough for even the GOOD price.

Just to summarize for folks that may just be reading this:

Mass buy on Terra Low gears for the Dana 20 T-Case.
Complete gear swap so everything will be new (and shift like it)
High range stays the same so road manners don't change
Low range changes from 2.46:1 to 3.15:1.

Even the $610 price (if we get between 5 and 9 to buy) is a great deal
Ten or more and we're only paying $570 as set.

This is a great way to both rebuild your case and improve your crawl ratio.

Bart

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Hey guys, I just talked to Sam and the Heeps ;D Terra kit that is normally $1200 he'll sell as part of this for $780. :eek: I've got two friends who may just go in on this as soon as I tell them of this great price. There's two (Broncos) confirmed now. I may be able to add a total of 5 here shortly. I'll keep you posted.undefined
I just finished talking to friends and I have two Scouts, one jeep and one Bronco (me :cool: ) confirmed. There's a possiblity of one more jeep after one of the Scouters tells his Dad about the Jeep price. We'll see. That's four and possibly five from this end. With the two already confirmed that'll be seven. That's about the best I can do.

Last edited:

rob wilson

Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Bart, you rock! Do you know if this price only applies to folks from this forum or would it help to post on some of the other EB forums too?