• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

COMPLETED - Tuffy mass buy is officially on! - Ends April 8

OP
OP
thegreatjustino

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Alright! The deadline for orders is officially here. Some numbers if anyone is interested: I received 187 e-mails regarding the mass buy during the last two weeks. I took 43 orders for a total of nearly $10,000 worth of Tuffy products. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'd also like to say a big thank you to all of the CB members who took the time to read the directions, and then follow them. You made my job much easer and your order went as smoothly as possible.

To the people who didn't have the decency to follow the directions, who didn't feel the need to spend five minutes on Tuffy's website to get the correct part numbers, who went to JBG and gave me their part numbers, who didn't inclue their address, who couldn't take the initiative to measure between their seats to figure out what size console they needed, and who continuously asked me if shipping was included, LEARN TO READ DIRECTIONS!!!! What are you people ten years old? Does mommy hold your wangers when you pee too?

MI-Bronco

thegreatjustino said:
Does mommy hold your wangers when you pee too?

Till I got married... duh!

Alright, I'll fall on my sword first! I missed the part about the shipping being included and I assumed (incorrectly) that my paypal would have the shipping info and you really didn't need it. I just didn't get the process. duh

Just trying to say sorry for makin your life difficult, but thanks for making this happen. Please keep it up - altho thick headed, we mean well....

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Odd part about it is, by _NOT_ going through your mass buy, I got a similar deal from the first retailer I called. ?:? ?:? ?:? ?:? ?:?

Anyone who missed this deal (all you 10 year olds) can call Bob Supplee @ 405-799-8977 for a similar deal without the pressure. Bob is a rare honest guy. He will flat out tell you if you can get a better deal somewhere else.

My order with Supplee is for two consoles, a glovebox, and an extra drink holder, including shipping. He also told me that if I ordered all this at once, he could shave it a bit more. Total savings with the Mass Buy on all that??

$6.50 wow! %)

Last edited:

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
All that means is Bob is willing to sell to you at a fraction above his cost. Good for him if he can make a successful business model from it.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
bsaunder said:
All that means is Bob is willing to sell to you at a fraction above his cost. Good for him if he can make a successful business model from it.

I don't know what Bob's business model is, and I'm pretty sure you don't either. My guess, in my conversations with him, is that he is interested in return business and referrals, and not interested in gouging the customer for an extra $10 whenever he can.

I DO know that the same deal can be had any day of the week. I wanted to let people on this forum know about it in case they want Tuffy products or anything else he deals in at excellent prices. Especially the people who missed out on this mass buy because of timing, cash flow, the fact that they didn't want to give out personal info. for a simple price quote, or whatever reasons they may have had.

Other ClassicBronco members: Please let me know if you do not want this kind of information in the future. :-X

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
For a quick second here - I am not Justin, He does not work for me, I am not responding to any of his comments, nor am I saying I agree or disagree with them. He stepped up and organized the mass buy and is not getting paid for it. He has an opinion on some of the responses he received and vented from it - that’s his opinion and last I checked he is free to express it.

My response was at the slight on the pricing and now saying that I am gouging my prices and in essence taking advantage of everyone that is involved. I suggest you ask the many people that have bought from me exactly how much I am gouging my prices. My statement about his pricing and business model come from the fact that I know the price that he paid for the Tuffy products he is selling you. It was not a slight on his business nor person. If he is able to run that tight of a line, I truly do admire him as most businesses are not able to do so.

Now before this drags down to a bigger pissing match that it already seems to be I'll answer a question you seem to be pushing for - am I making a profit on this mass buy? - Yes, once it’s all said and done I expect to clear ~$0.13/per hour of my time for the mass buy. The last two buys I actually paid the collective group several hundred dollars. I didn't whine about it as I got in the business mainly so I could offer quality parts at the best price I could afford to a group that had already given much to me – namely most in the Early Bronco community.

If Bob's prices are truly at the same level as the mass buy every day; then by all means, those that missed the buy should order from him as I am not able to sell at those prices for an everyday occurrence. I'd actually suggest that you make a seperate post for it, like the one for the Bilstiens, so the information isn't lost and the next time someone is looking for a deal on a Tuffy box they are able to find it.

Last edited:

MI-Bronco

Ben and Justin, sorry for the crap you have to put up with to help us out!

What I gleened from pricing is this - I could save a small amount of money and have the stuff delivered to my door. Or, I could go to my favorite Bronco house in MI and it would have been slightly more expensive (small amount) - but I would have made a special trip and paid the MI sales tax - another $13.00.

Instead I chose to throw support toward mass buys and this site in general, and Ben and Justin in particular. They have earned our support by taking the initiative and following through. Those who whine, should make their own path, organize it themselves - if they can do better, or just abstain quietly.

My $.02

Baja71

Bronco Guru
bsaunder said:
For a quick second here - I am not Justin, He does not work for me, I am not responding to any of his comments, nor am I saying I agree or disagree with them. He stepped up and organized the mass buy and is not getting paid for it. He has an opinion on some of the responses he received and vented from it - that’s his opinion and last I checked he is free to express it.

My response was at the slight on the pricing and now saying that I am gouging my prices and in essence taking advantage of everyone that is involved. I suggest you ask the many people that have bought from me exactly how much I am gouging my prices. My statement about his pricing and business model come from the fact that I know the price that he paid for the Tuffy products he is selling you. It was not a slight on his business nor person. If he is able to run that tight of a line, I truly to admire him as most businesses are not able to do so.

Now before this drags down to a bigger pissing match that it already seems to be I'll answer a question you seem to be pushing for - am I making a profit on this mass buy? - Yes, once it’s all said and done I expect to clear ~$0.13/per hour of my time for the mass buy. The last two buys I actually paid the collective group several hundred dollars. I didn't whine about it as I got in the business mainly so I could offer quality parts at the best price I could afford to a group that had already given much to me – namely most in the Early Bronco community.

If his prices are truly at the same level as the mass buy every day, then by all means, those that missed the buy should order from him as I am not able to sell at those prices for an everyday occurrence. I'd actually suggest that you make a seperate post for it, like the one for the Bilstiens, so the information isn't lost and the next time someone is looking for a deal on a Tuffy box they are able to find it.

I do not at all mean to suggest that _YOU_ gouge your customers, just that there are some out there that do. I have no idea who you are, nor what your business is, nor what your business ethics are. I was merely saying that the business I mentioned makes it a point NOT to. This was merely in response to your comment about his business model.

As far as making a profit, of course you should make a profit. That is what business is all about. I am offering an opportunity to other forum members to get the same pricing without the hassles nor restrictions of the mass buys. I'm pretty sure there are some on the board who will appreciate it. On the other hand, I generally expect to get pricing on mass buys BELOW what is available to the average Joe with a credit card who is buying a low quantity. I expressed this and last I checked I am fairly certain that I have the right to.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
you are correct - I was reading bit more into what you were saying than you probably meant, and my responce was a bit too short to show my true meaning. The joy's of the intraweb..

Baja71

Bronco Guru
bsaunder said:
you are correct - I was reading bit more into what you were saying than you probably meant, and my responce was a bit too short to show my true meaning. The joy's of the intraweb..

No problem and absolutely no hard feelings from this end. There is too much room to read between the lines on the internet in newsgroups & forums and misinterpret. I'm not here for a flame war, pissing match, or to disparage anyone's unselfish efforts to provide mass buys, or just plain sell products for a profit.

forestguy

Loc.
Reno, NV
OK lets get back to the Mass Buy. Where does it stand now. I would assume Justin and Ben are busy with orders and payments.

I guess we will hear from Ben sometime Moday on his progress.

Thanks guys for organizing this.

raleigh_bronco

Bronco Guru
forestguy said:
OK lets get back to the Mass Buy. Where does it stand now. I would assume Justin and Ben are busy with orders and payments.

I guess we will hear from Ben sometime Moday on his progress.

Thanks guys for organizing this.

Here's Justin's post from above and by the way the deadline has passed, if you ordered one you'll have it in 3-4 weeks... " Alright! The deadline for orders is officially here. Some numbers if anyone is interested: I received 187 e-mails regarding the mass buy during the last two weeks. I took 43 orders for a total of nearly $10,000 worth of Tuffy products.

I'd also like to say a big thank you to all of the CB members who took the time to read the directions, and then follow them. You made my job much easer and your order went as smoothly as possible.

To the people who didn't have the decency to follow the directions, who didn't feel the need to spend five minutes on Tuffy's website to get the correct part numbers, who went to JBG and gave me their part numbers, who didn't inclue their address, who couldn't take the initiative to measure between their seats to figure out what size console they needed, and who continuously asked me if shipping was included, LEARN TO READ DIRECTIONS!!!! What are you people ten years old? Does mommy hold your wangers when you pee too?"

Bronco Wild

Loc.
Nubraska
WHEW! Alot happend over the weekend ?:?

Anyway, I read the directions and also pasted them into paypal as well so that a solid trail exists. I know Justin was busy and I didn't get the order number in time but Ben confirmed my paypal payment.

Just a heads up guys, I'm the one that didn't pay shipping so my order stays with Ben. I've got someone coming to Ben to pick up. Let me know when you have it and I will coordinate the pick up.

Thanks for your help guys and looking forward to my new present, from me ;D

Brewbro21

Bsaunder it's the 11th did everything already go through? Should we be expecting our goodies anytime soon? ;D

Come on you have to throw us a bone here, you know how we get. %)

Nuke

I still haven't got word on where to send my money--I emailed Justin on the 4th.

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
hey Guys - Sorry to leave you hanging, the spring snow storm knocked me off-line for a few days and I just got back on.

I have the full list of orders and am in the middle of cross checking the orders with notes recieved with payments. I know few payments are still outstanding, but with the snow storm if it was sent via mail it was probably delay'd.

For those waiting for payment info:

Check/Money order mailed:
HBS Performance & Off-Road, LLC
P.O. Box 1756
Broomfield, CO 80038-1756

Paypal (cash/check/visa/master):
HBS paypal

I'll post another update this evening once I get caught up.

DixieBronco

Loc.
Kenner, LA
I was just wondering what's going on with the buy. I sent in my payment on time and haven't recieved a confirmation. I just want to make sure you got my payment

Thanks
Steven

bsaunder

Bronco Guru
Everyone should have a response via email with the status of the order. If not please contact me via PM or email

Unless you have a backordered item, your order will ship by a week from today. As each item is ready to ship I will send the tracking info to you via email.