• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Compliment from a Chevy Guy

muskrat

Bronco Guru
Had the Bronco out for some errands yesterday. I pulled into the mower shop and the mechanic came out. He said to me, "I'm a Chevy guy, but I know cool when I see it."

I just love driving a Bronco!!

deltarat

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Drew,Ms
There are a lot of Chevy guys that think broncos are cool,including me. I and several of my friends are chevy guys but own broncos for hunting and such. Chevy never had anything comparable to the bronco.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I loved the old K5's. Both the generations in fact. Great looking trucks. Good room inside, just not as small and maneuverable as a Bronco.
Nothing like a super tight turning radius to bring a smile to your face!

Paul

nathan.hall1

Loc.
Central Washington
There are a lot of Chevy guys that think broncos are cool,including me. I and several of my friends are chevy guys but own broncos for hunting and such. Chevy never had anything comparable to the bronco.

I'm a Chevy guy but I love the bronco, I can't count the offers I've had when my old bronco is out and about

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
He said comparable, The K5 is not even close.;D

Agreed, I have mainly owned Dodge and Chevy trucks, I owned a K5 for years and while they are a great truck, there just is not another truck that has the lines of the early Bronco not even the Jeep has the lines of the Bronco and other people see that, it's why the draw so much attention, they are rare enough that a lot of people have not seen them now and they have a very unique profile that lends itself to standing out. A lot of "other" truck guys fall for them for that reason. Probably the closest you can come to them is a Scout (which I also owned for a while) but the lines are not as clean as the EB.

turbotim2

I used to have a K5 (actually a K15 GMC Jimmy) and while the truck was pretty nice and reliable, it wouldn't go anywhere near the places a Bronco will go. With the leaf spring suspension you could get the thing tetering on two wheels pretty easily.