• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Convince me to go Brown.

hammer

Bronco Guru
Still tossing around paint colors. My front runners have been these two greens for a while now.

Attachments

• 2006 green mustang.jpg
    2006 green mustang.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 40
  • kiwi green honda.jpg
    kiwi green honda.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 57

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Have you looked at the Scion green from 05ish?
Its tough to go brown with so many other cool colors out there but I have seen some real nice ones. The new mini clubman comes in a sweet metallic brown and looks pretty good with silver trim. I think it is called Hot Chocolate.
Although my favorite brown is the tan from the old plain m and m's that they eliminated to put in blue grrrrr!

Attachments

• 1393226829_fa4569d586.jpg
    1393226829_fa4569d586.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 1936087194.jpg
    1936087194.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I'm worried the greens will date themselves and will wear off there luster ten years from now.

That being said I love a brown 4x4. A guy that runs around here locally has a restored late '70's f250 in a brown that is gorgeous. Yet for some reason i can't convince myself to paint my restoration brown. To me brown is something you get stuck with not something you choose. Yet I think I can see myself driving a nice brown bronco when I'm 55. The green......not so much. Haven't really found a brown that jumps out at me. I was driving through a parking lot yesterday and saw one of these;

Attachments

• IMG_1166.JPG
    IMG_1166.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I saw this mustang and swore it was brown. After some googling it turns out its "mineral grey metallic". Thought it might look sharp.

Also been a fan of this rig; close to brown

Attachments

• roof rack.jpg
    roof rack.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 187
OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Also a fan of these; defiantly brown

Attachments

• nice truck.jpg
    nice truck.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 134
  • 1972 Sequoia Brown.jpg
    1972 Sequoia Brown.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 81

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I saw this mustang and swore it was brown. After some googling it turns out its "mineral grey metallic". Thought it might look sharp.

Also been a fan of this rig; close to brown

Haha, I took that picture ;D ;D ;D

That is/was Scott (swa0330)'s diesel Bronco. I didnt like the color at first but it really grew on me and is pretty nice. I can get the code if needed I think from Scott. I call it Brown Gold ;D

There are some pewters that are a little more brown than grey out there. Trying to think of one I saw lately.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Haha, I took that picture ;D ;D ;D

That is/was Scott (swa0330)'s diesel Bronco. I didnt like the color at first but it really grew on me and is pretty nice. I can get the code if needed I think from Scott. I call it Brown Gold ;D

There are some pewters that are a little more brown than grey out there. Trying to think of one I saw lately.

Yah if you could get it its defiantly on my short list. Do you have any other pics of that rig? Perhaps one from the front? Does he have an argent grill on it?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I sure do, let me look.

Here are a couple from SOB last year.

Attachments

• scott2.jpg
    scott2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 69
  • scottpose2.jpg
    scottpose2.jpg
    246.2 KB · Views: 84
  • scotttrail.jpg
    scotttrail.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 58

grant_71

Bronco Guru
I'm worried the greens will date themselves and will wear off there luster ten years from now.

Unless you go with somethimg totally obnoxiuos, like bright yellow, neon green, or pink (sorry tito ;D ) i dont think you will have a problem "getting sick of it" those greens are more than subtle enough to last a lifetime on a Bronco. But the browns are nice too...

302fix

Contributor
Brown and gold would look great:

Attachments

• b.JPG
    b.JPG
    10.6 KB · Views: 18

Louie

Bronco Guru
Do It!

The Stang & swa0330's colors are very cool. I saw a new Honda Accord in that color yesterday & thought to myself how good that would look on a Bronco with a white top (like swa's). I'm just 1 opinion but it's probably my favorite color on an EB.

Bronco69Sport

Loc.
Upper MI
Tito, if you could, please find out that paint color for me... The brown with the white top you are posting pics of. Thanks

Scrapper_MV

What can Brown do for you?!

I love Brown!

Attachments

• Brown 1.jpg
    Brown 1.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 183
  • Brown 2.jpg
    Brown 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 182

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
I was just about to say don't do brown, but I have changed my mind. In fact I have quit my job and I seeking employment with UPS so that I can drive a brown truck all day long. Anyone know what city the above young lady works so that I can get a few pointers. ;D

Crewwzin

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Freeport, Fl

Mineral Gray is my all-time favorite color on a mustang. It looks so sweet when the light hits it just right. A buddy of mine had one that he sprayed a very light coat of blue peal on, and when the sun hit it just right, it had a kinda purple color to it...it was awesome. Looks excellent with black accents and chrome wheels.

cgbexec

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Naples, FL
2008 Mustang (Vapor)

DSC00268.jpg