• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Convince me to go Brown.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
I for one love Brown on a Bronco. I loved ths picture the first time I saw it. It's from WH's catalog under roll bars. SWEET! I say paint it whatever color you like. (Except pink) Sorry Tito!

Attachments

• 4210.jpg
    4210.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 80
OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
I defiantly think that straight up brown is out of the question. Like brown crayon brown. I don't want to end up with a boring brown truck like this;

Attachments

• 74_brown.jpg
    74_brown.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 42

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
I've been looking for a color that is a modern twist of colors we would have had in the 70's. That Honda Kiwi definitely has that character. Then I saw one in the sun the other day and it really lit up. I kind of got sold on it right then and there.

But, yeah, cameltoe good............

Ohio Bronco 21

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Cleveland
Tito, your buddys Bronco is one of the cooler one Ive seen, having said that I have to say I like that Honda Element green also.

OP
OP
hammer

hammer

Bronco Guru
Well seeing how the topic of this thread is, "convince me to go brown", I'd have to say you guys are taking it in the "screw brown, go honda kiwi green" direction. And of the course the camel toe direction (best high jack of a thread ever).

evil69

fawkin classy
Loc.
Athens, GA
I think I still have the rest of the pics that UPS chick around somewhere.

I say Pewter. Sounds gay-er saying, but not connected with dookie as much the brown.

tml

Loc.
Ontario, Canada
Here's my recent resto, Sequoia Brown. I wasn't sure either at the time of paint. However, luv it now. ;D

Attachments

• stripe1.jpg
    stripe1.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 45

mustangtoby

Bronco Guru
Loc.
southwest Colorado
I saw this mustang and swore it was brown. After some googling it turns out its "mineral grey metallic". Thought it might look sharp.

Also been a fan of this rig; close to brown

This is my Mineral Grey 01 Gt, fell in love with it at first site. The paint really looks good in the sun. I have repainted the hood and bumper cover, as well as the side skirts and chin spoiler. I installed a shaker hood scoop on it, and am going to install the origional scoop off of it on my red Bronco. Mineral Grey really looks good with red.

Attachments

• siderskirts5.jpg
    siderskirts5.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 23
  • siderskirts6.jpg
    siderskirts6.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 17

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
If you want a really nice brown go for the Honda Element color called "root beer"
If you want a nice tan color go for volkswagen'd "harvest moon"
If you want a nice green color go for the Dodge Grand cherokee color called "Orvis Hunter green"
but I still like the Element color!! Its called Kiwi, I should know, I own one.
TOFIC

Amac70

ME
If you want a really nice brown go for the Honda Element color called "root beer"
If you want a nice tan color go for volkswagen'd "harvest moon"
If you want a nice green color go for the Dodge Grand cherokee color called "Orvis Hunter green"
but I still like the Element color!! Its called Kiwi, I should know, I own one.
TOFIC

quit telling everyone to use my harvest moon color. It is a really nice color on a bronco though. At least to me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

22213evl

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rio Rancho N.M.
I"ve always liked the stock metalic copper color some bronco's came with.
here's some off ebay

Attachments

• brown bronc.jpg
    brown bronc.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 41
  • grnbronc.jpg
    grnbronc.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 38
  • greybronc.jpg
    greybronc.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 42

smoktf250

Hell I would paint the bronco the kiwi green and do the grill and maybe bumpers in mineral grey

71 LUBER

Loc.
SW. Pennsylvania
Also check out Khaki Metallic from mid 2000 TJ's. I absolutely hated the color when I bought it, but it was the only leftover 03 and they made me too good of a deal to pass up. It's grown on me. It changes from a tan to a pewter gray to gold depending on the light. The real beauty of it is doesn't show dirt or scratches. It's another brown option.

TOFIC

Bronco Wrencher and Fixer
Loc.
Redcliff Alberta
quit telling everyone to use my harvest moon color. It is a really nice color on a bronco though. At least to me. ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well, how about showing us some pictures of the bronco in "Harvest Moon" instead of 'hogging' the color. I am not listening to your gripe without a picture proof you painted it hehehe!!
TOFIC