• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Convince the wife....

sicaz66

Bronco Guru
Loc.
san diego
my wife likes the bronco better with the top off.she won`t drive it if the tops on.first day i brought it home she says"you ARE going to take the top off it right?"

OP
OP
74bronc

74bronc

Bronco Guru
Well, i got the hardtop off and the roll bar installed. I think it looks great and I have loved cruising it around all weekend topless. I need to get a bikini top on it though. She still says it looks white trash, but I think it will grow on her. Now that the top is off, though, she has to let me spend the $$$ to paint it "so I can put it back on". yeah right

sstlaure

Bronco Slacker
Bronco Sport said:
Man I like the way you think!!:) Your list just about sums it all up for me.

Don't forget.....something's wrong vs. nothing's wrong

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
There is sometimes more to it than just jealousy. If they have been riding around in it with the top on then that is how it feels comfortable to them. Once you remove the top from it then they subconsiously feel that it is not safe anymore. BTW, If you don't have a roll bar then either put one in or put that top back on. Adding a bikini top will also help since it adds a sense of security by having something above them even if the only thing it protects them from is the sun.

OP
OP
74bronc

74bronc

Bronco Guru
she isn't coming around, unfortunately.

we went out on a date last night for our anniversary. On the way home, we were cruising by the beach when i saw a topless CJ-7. This was the conversation:

Me: see that Jeep? It looks pretty good without a top, right?
Her: yeah, it looks OK
Me: so you like the topless jeep but not the topless Bronco?
Her: basically, yeah
Me: what is different about the jeep and the bronco?
Her: The Bronco is too big. the jeep is nice and small and looks good without the top on. The bronco looks out of place. It looks big and fat
Me: what do you mean?
her: kind of like a fat chick wearing a tight shirt with fat rolls hanging out the bottom (trying to look sexy)
me: (stopping the car) Get out!

just kidding, I didn't kick her out of the car!

oh the humanity. she said i better paint the top and put it back on

maverickconner

Jeeesss, I would do almost anything if my wife did not like the Bronco.,,,, I just found out a month ago that while I was away for a couple of weeks a THREE years ago, she was out cruising in my Bronco,,,,,no one drives my Bronco....Hell, I just now started talking to her agian.... She asked me if she could drive this one when I am done,,,,,my answer," Fat Chance"...that started another fight...yesterday she left a truck trader out with a 75' landcruser circled....If I get home tonight and it is in my driveway,,,,,POW, straight to the moon with her....lol

OP
OP
74bronc

74bronc

Bronco Guru
72bronco said:
Just buy her a diamond and she'll shut up.

she says I am getting her a new rock for our 10th anniversary

she said it better be bigger than the tiny one she has on her finger right now! :)

I guess I better start saving. I have 3 years

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
74bronc said:
she says I am getting her a new rock for our 10th anniversary

she said it better be bigger than the tiny one she has on her finger right now! :)

I guess I better start saving. I have 3 years
Been there, done that. Although I don't think it was specifically for our 10th. I guess I'm in serious trouble. If 10 rates a bigger diamond then I wonder what I'm gonna need to get next year for my wife for our 20th.

luvmybronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ashland, Oh
SaddleUp said:
Been there, done that. Although I don't think it was specifically for our 10th. I guess I'm in serious trouble. If 10 rates a bigger diamond then I wonder what I'm gonna need to get next year for my wife for our 20th.

Depends ;D ;D ;D Just kidding