• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cop and Bronco nut.

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
Down here in Texas we had some very bad news Llano Co. Sheriff and fellow Bronco lover (quite posably a member here) Andy Taylor was shot in the head last night during a taffic stop. While I did not know him he was known by many members of the Lonstare EBC. He is in the final phases of building his bronco and is reportedly a hard core wheeler. After the Bronco Round up two weeks ago he helped some stranded bronco owners on there way home with some parts off of his own truck in order to get them on their way.

We are getting some conficting reports on his condition, We will up date you as we get more info.

When you read this please take a moment and have a good thought for him and his family.

Steve

News report.

Deputy shot in head during traffic stop
posted by Jermaine Ferrell on 05-09-2005 12:09

KINGSLAND, Texas (AP) - A suspect in the overnight shooting of a
Llano County sheriff's deputy has been caught.
Authorities say 30-year-old Eric Richard Wolfe from Kingsland was captured today in a wooded area known as Cedar Point.
Llano County sheriff's officials say Wolfe has what appears to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His condition wasn't immediately available.
Deputy Andy Taylor of Llano is at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin in critical condition.
Taylor was shot in the head last night during a traffic stop in Kingsland, about 45 miles northwest of Austin.
An attempted capital murder warrant was then issued for Wolfe.
The deputy had called in details on the stop -- before he was shot.
The car was found abandoned early today in Llano County.
Investigators are trying to determine what led to the deputy's shooting.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
bummer. i hate to see any cop get shot, especialy a bronco lover.

those guys don't get paid enough as it is. did he have a family or kids? that would make it even worse.

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
Thanks Sharkman,
Our thoughts and prayers will be with Andy.

Glad they caught the perp, I wish they would just string-him-up for some swift justice. But that wont reverse the damage already done.

Please keep us posted on his condition.

michael084

Loc.
Santa Rosa Beach, Fl
Sorry to hear about this, we just lost a cop here locally here, some stupid kid on spring break had some petty warrants out from where he lived and killed the policeman during a traffic stop.

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Seems like there is an increase in Cops are being killed. But this year we are below the yearly average. It is also interesting to see Texas & California leading the States with the most officers killed.
47 Inline of Duty Deaths in 2005 5 from California
154 Inline of Duty Deaths in 2004 14 from Texas
147 Inline of Duty Deaths in 2003 18 from California
159 Inline of Duty Deaths in 2002 14 from Texas
237 Inline of Duty Deaths in 2001 69 from New York
163 Inline of Duty Deaths in 2000 15 from Texas
Here is our latest.....
LAX Police Officer Killed as Stolen Patrol Car Drags Him

The Suspect drove the patrol car into a fire hydrant while the officer was hanging out of the door. The news footage showed blood smeared down the driver's side.

They did catch the suspect after he car-jacked someone else, but crashed.

It is a very sad time we are living in :-[

77B

Loc.
Bixby,Ok.
Being a Highway Patrolman myself, I think it would mean alot to Andy or his family if we could let them know our thoughts are with them. If I can get an address I'll send them a card from all the guys and gals here in Bronco land.

Thanks and Keep us up todate.
Todd 77B

OP
OP
Sharkman

Sharkman

Loc.
Austin, Tx.
As of the 10 pm news Andy Taylor lost his fight for life and passed.

Once again please keep him in your thoughts.

If there is any further information I'll keep you up dated.

Steve

yak67

Bronco Guru
God bless him and his family. We all need to realize the sacrifice that is involved with our police officers, fire fighters and service men, and thank them when we see them.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Man that sucks my prayes and thoghts are with him and his family. The same thing happend to my bro in law, shot in the neck with a .357 and now is paralized from the neck down. When the cops caught the guy, well I will just say you could almost see through him. He wanted to see the pics, but the report said the perp. was killed by two shots. :-X justice

meathead333

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Alexandria, VA
this is sad. however, i am glad to read that the suspect wasnt lucky enough to actually end his life when he tried to kill himself when he got caught. they better give him life w/ no parole so he can rot away in prison the rest of his life rather than get the easy way out.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
meathead333 said:
this is sad. however, i am glad to read that the suspect wasnt lucky enough to actually end his life when he tried to kill himself when he got caught. they better give him life w/ no parole so he can rot away in prison the rest of his life rather than get the easy way out.
I don't think there is a chance of that for a cop killer in Texas.