• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Cost of narrowing a full width D44 front?

Hey all, I have a full width HP D44 from a '75 F100 (weld-on C's) that I want to get narrowed. I want to leave the short side how it is and get about 6" chopped off the long side.

Can they respline the long inner axle shaft? How much should I expect to pay to have this done?

Scrapper_MV

Currie can shorten the housing and the axles for you. But I have know idea how much they would charge.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
You can do the wristed axle housing from BC. That's one way to shorten it. Stock early Bronco style long axle can work if you shorten it the right amount. That is a fairly common part/length, even if you get the bigger U-joints like you should.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey all, I have a full width HP D44 from a '75 F100 (weld-on C's) that I want to get narrowed. I want to leave the short side how it is and get about 6" chopped off the long side.

Can they respline the long inner axle shaft? How much should I expect to pay to have this done?

If you narrow the long side 5.1", you can then use stock EB pass side inner axles. The cost of Eb long-side Spicer or even Yukon axle is low enough that paying to re-spline the original axle would then not make all that much sense. It takes me about 4-5 hours to narrow a HP D44..roughly 300 bucks in shop-time costs therefore.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Dutchman will shorten and respline your axle for $45. I have a friend who did my housing.

OP
OP

Thanks for the info. I'll try to find somewhere local and maybe also call Currie.