• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Crawln68 - My exhaust is done!

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Crawln68 and I did a little custom project and had these exhaust rings made out of aluminum. So I finally bit the bullet and found me a good exhaust shop and had them bring my exhaust out the side. I used a flowmaster 40 series muffler and I like the sound. It's a little bit loud on acceleration, but has a good tone just cruising down the highway and at hard deceleration. I am looking forward no having it hang up on rocks now. Pics? Oh you want pics? OK here ya go! Don't mind the patched door.

PA010028.jpg

PA010029.jpg

Thanks for the help crawln68! I love it!

J.D.

rednck21

wow, i really like that. never seen it done with trim rings before.

screamin reel

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta, Ca
Looks good.
I am planing on doing the same exept bringing it through the rockers. How is the exaust tube supported within the alum. housing ?
I have an idea how, but a description or pic would help.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
Woo Hoo!!! Nice! You got some bling. Do you have any pics of the pipe and routing that muffler shop did? Looks awesome! :cool:

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Screamin reel - It's not supported. They supported it off the inside of the frame with just a regular hanger. They spaced it in the hole with handles from pliers and then bolted the hanger in place, then welded it to the pipe.

I do have pics of the pipe routing, but not uploaded to the net. It's quite the setup. I got to watch him do it all. It's not madrel bent, but that's OK. Post a pic of yours here too so it'll be in one thread for future reference.

J.D.

bigpappa

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gardendale Al
Did you make the trim ring or did you buy it somewhere? I am going to be doing almost that exact same thing with mine.

Hogback

post some more pics of the whole thing please! I'd love to see more.
One thing i'd like to know is if exaust fumes come in on you - do you have a hardtop or no top?
I love that look and the way it keep from bending up the exaust on obsticles, just wouldnt want to deal with fumes - but to me it lookes like the fumes would blow away pretty good.

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
bigpappa - it's custom. I could NOT find ANYTHING ANYWHERE that would work. I couldn't believe I no one made anything.

hogback - I am running the hardtop right now. And i do plan to take it off soon too, so I could let you know then. So far, no fumes. Maybe on the trail, but I know with the huge leak I had before, it'll be better than it was.

I will try and get more pics loaded tonight!

J.D.

crawln68

Bronco Guru
74BroncoCO said:
Post a pic of yours here too so it'll be in one thread for future reference.

J.D.

Here you go. I made my own exhaust with pre-bent peices from Summit, my grinder w/cutting wheel and welder. I wanted to keep it all tucked up as high as possible too in order to avoid those darn rocks that like to jump up and grab things.

Attachments

• 100_0824.jpg
    100_0824.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 51
  • 100_0832.jpg
    100_0832.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 81
  • 100_0834.jpg
    100_0834.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 100_0836.jpg
    100_0836.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 101
  • 100_1169.jpg
    100_1169.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 86

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Pict 4 that spring Eye bolt dosen't look long enough?

OP
OP

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
Here's what I have for pics of my exhaust. Not nearly as pretty as crawln68, but it gets the job done.

PA010030.jpg

PA010031.jpg

J.D.