• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Creative Ideas for the Glovebox

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yep, that's what I thought you were saying. But isn't that what this one is: Blank Dash
Third item, top row on that first link.

Paul

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thread off-topic alert!! Following Paul's links (good suggestions, btw) and seeing the big brother/nanny state required safety alerts and disclaimers makes me real glad I don't live on the left coast.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really? You'd choose your place of residence by avoiding places that require cancer warnings on websites?;)

I'm not sure it's a CA-thing this time though. I just saw the big warning on other sites recently, BC's site too. And they're nowhere near here anymore.

Paul

half cab

Contributor
Guru Bronco
Hey Paul just outta curiosity ad says third one is an over lay,will it work by itself for the dash?

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oops, sorry about that. Don't know my own parts sometimes. I had thought we were going to do all three as stand-alone dashes. But apparently we did go with just an overlay.

So no, to my knowledge it's ONLY intended to go over an existing dash panel.
Now, you could make your own underlay of course. Use anything you want and then neaten it up with the overlay.
But no, it's just an overlay.

Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

Howard2x4x4

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Really? You'd choose your place of residence by avoiding places that require cancer warnings on websites?;)

I'm not sure it's a CA-thing this time though. I just saw the big warning on other sites recently, BC's site too. And they're nowhere near here anymore.

Paul

That's not what I said and not what I meant and, yeah, it is a left coast California thing, mandated for goods sold within California. I bought the very same (or very similar) product from JBG, sans warnings, and, to the best of my knowledge, it hasn't given me cancer or reproductive problems. Maybe some brain damage, but other than that..... Howard, in beautiful and somewhat less over-regulated west Michigan

Last edited:

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru

Paul

It is a California regulation, unless you refuse orders from California your business is required to have it.

Yes I would choose not to live in such a nanny state.

Jolly Roger

Oops, sorry about that. Don't know my own parts sometimes. I had thought we were going to do all three as stand-alone dashes. But apparently we did go with just an overlay.

So no, to my knowledge it's ONLY intended to go over an existing dash panel.
Now, you could make your own underlay of course. Use anything you want and then neaten it up with the overlay.
But no, it's just an overlay.

Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

I may have to go with an overlay. What's the chances of you guys getting your supplier to make a plane dash since you already offer one with the speedo cutout. Just delete that hole.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
What's the chances of you guys getting your supplier to make a plane dash since you already offer one with the speedo cutout. Just delete that hole.

When they're in first development, halfway decent. But now that they're in regular production the chances are probably down near the slim-to-none category.
But I can check!

Let you know.

Paul

OP
OP
J

Justinkurn

Great Stuff!

Thanks for the pics and thoughts guys! I have something in mind, will post a pic when its done. I think everyone will like it.